Least Favorite Levels

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sharpsk8101, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Sharpsk8101 macrumors newbie

I was board and i was thinking of gaming and i somehow started thinking of all of the levels i hate in games that i love. So i am wondering, what are levels you can't stand in games you love?

Halo- the Library
    Metroid Prime 2- that morph ball fight in the dark world without the protective suit
    Mario 64- Dire, Dire Docks

That's all that i can think of right now. I'll post more later.

2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Super Mario Bros. (NES)
    Level -1

One day I will beat you!

3. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

the level in crash bandicoot, where you are being chased by the boulder and you cant see where your going untill its like 3' infront of you...err, its hard!
    And in feel the Magic XX:XY where you need to fight all 3 of the bosses in a row to win... I still havent beaten it

4. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

-running up and down all those stairs in the two towers.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

-The areas where I must swim.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-The part where I have to eagerly wait for it to be released. :D

5. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Silent Hill 3: The underpass.
    Silent Hill 2: The underground maze.

Any part of any game that is timed, as in you have a time limit to do a certain something, I HATE those.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

The only things I can think of right now are Manaan planet in KOTOR and Libarary level in Halo (where you are to kill thousands of Flood and follow the small flying drone, right?)

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh lord. The Library has it for me. Worst designed level ever.

Any level past World 1 in The (real) Super Mario Bros 2.

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Halo - The Library
    Wind Waker - The hours and hours you spend boating around, doing absolutely nothing.

jimmi: What do you mean by the "real" SMB2? I'm pretty sure Miyamoto made Super Mario Bros. 2, you know... the one where you pull vegetables out of the ground. ;) I actually started liking it after playing through it...

If you mean Lost Levels... loved it all... if you meant SMW1... hmm... love it all too :D

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye I mean the real Mario Bros 2. The one that was deemed to difficult for western countries. My pop brought over a japanese NES with that game, oh dear. It was a little hard :D Then again I've still to beat Mario Bros 1!

10. Azmodon macrumors member

11. steelfist macrumors 6502a

I agree, that was HARD! you have to memorize the map, and act accordingly. they should have flipped the camera 180 degrees

12. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'd have to say Level 8-3 of SMB was always a bitch for me, especially the Hammer Bros. Or Level 6 on Legend of Zelda (NES), those wizards were always such a bitch as well.

13. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Final Bosses Fight of Actraiser. That was sooo not fair :(

14. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I had heard about this before but found the info on the mario wiki very interesting! Punks taking Doki Doki Panic and turning it into a Mario game! I never did like Birdo.

I recall beating all of Super Mario All-Stars years ago, I loved "Lost Levels" :D

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have to say the last quarter of the orignal Half Life where ye go to the alien world and have to navigate jumping platforms. It was cumbersome, ugly and downright destroyed the enjoyment you had just experienced working up to an half life finale.....

Also Turok, the levels where you had to jump pixel perfect platforms in an FPS with really dodgy controls. They really peed me off....

Oh and if were tallking ridiculous final bosses, the one in FFVII still gives me migrane thinking about it.

Yeah the Library in halo sucked monkey balls too.

16. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

the last levels of "alex the kid in miracle world" on the sage master system II

they was a beast

17. jdechko macrumors 68040

I'd have to agree with the people who said the following levels:

Metroid Prime 2 boost ball guardian (dark world without suit) and I thought Quadraxis was pretty hard.
    Wind Waker, sailing around and all.
    The last quarter of half-life.

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Personally I prefer the Parsley Entertainment System ;)

:D :D :D

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Actually, SMB2 with the vegetables was made by Nintendo of America, not Japan.

20. clykins90 macrumors regular

clykins90

I'd also have to say the morph ball bost fight in the dark world was HARD. It took me 8-9 times to finally get it.

The planet in KOTOR where you have to walk underwater and you walk SLOW. THAT was retarded.

The Water Temple in Zelda. I just didn't like that. The boss fights were cool though.

21. Zeke macrumors 6502

The stupid dream sequences in Max Payne. God those were awful.

22. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

That is what made me stop playing Max Payne.

And what is up with The Library? I wanted to turn the shotgun on myself during that level! Arrrrggghhh! IMO it was harder than The MAW.
    (Halo stopped being fun for me when they introduced the Flood)

23. WaveSurfer macrumors newbie

Any level in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1, and the level before the ice world in BattleToads...

24. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

SM64 Dire dire docks?? you didn't have to play the level, thats the beauty about mario 64, you can play the levels you like and skip "some" of the others. I thought the entire world of mario 64 was very well done.

The Halo Library was bad, I died so many times, I couldn't ever find that damn flying robot thing. After the Library the rest of the game is cake.

I liked the sailing around in zelda, very peaceful.

Any driving game level with really tight corners like- u turns where you basically have to stop and go around them. For 2 reasons, 1 there is usually little room for error. 2 the computer will often hit you and you get f'ed over major. The back turn in Tokyo, Forza is like this.

Levels in FPS where there are infinite enemies, like taking Hill 400 in COD2 on Veteran. There are infinite amounts of germans, and they will come from practically anywhere to kill you. Died lots of times, and had to use smoke bombs to almost cheat through it.

25. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

-Dracula on the original Castlevania
    -The Abyss on Star Wars Racer
    ....can't think of any others right now