leaving notebook sleeping in sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by notwist, Jan 11, 2007.

1. notwist macrumors regular

I usually put my notebook in a sleeve and in my backpack. I keep it on Sleep since I find it pointless to turn it off since I use it so much during class and in between my classes when I have some free time. My question is: Is it okay to leave my notebook in Sleep while in its sleeve? Or can ventilation or heat pose a problem?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i do it, and i haven't had a problem. The fans don't spin when the computer is asleep, so it wouldn't interfere with their operation.

3. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

once a few weeks ago I was using my friends laptop and when I was done I put it in the sleeve. But I guess it didnt go to sleep and a while later I felt that the sleeve was warm so i pulled out the laptop and it was almost to hot to touch. But that was the only time that something like that had happened.

4. bunnyagain macrumors newbie

When in sleep, nothing but ram and some control circuit consumes power, which is trivial, so heat is not a problem at all. But, you'd better make sure it actually goes to sleep properly before putting it into your sleeve. Sometimes sleep fails, rarely though.