Leaving the Mac World for a short time

Discussion in 'Community' started by furryrabidbunny, Sep 8, 2005.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I am leaving the mac world :( I just got a HP computer with a slow celeron and 256 memory. My parents though need a more powerful computer, their 233 mhz beige isn't cutting it. So i am giving them my eMac and using the HP still macs hit intel. This is not going to be fun.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's really sad. :(

Good luck with it. My prayers go out to you.

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Be strong, furryrabidbunny! ;)

What operating system does it have? XP, 98, 2000, ME?

4. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

5. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Why don't you give them the HP and you keep the eMac? Just a thought... or couldn't you have bought a MacMini for the low cost of what you paid for an HP?

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Contact the Legal Aid Society in Mesa ... there has to be some sort of alternative remedy available to you aside from the draconian step of giving an eMac to parents. A line in the sand has been crossed. Best wishes during the trying times that lie ahead.

7. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Good ploy on their part to get a cheap emac.

Good luck with HP. Not a bad company's computer to have if you have to have a non-apple, but it still runs windows.

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

HOW DARE YOU!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Are you going to switch back??? ever? :confused:

9. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

I didn't pay for the computer!!! it was given to me. I am giving the parents the eMac because xp is just a tad harder than os x ;) I also need a pc for a required computer class. I need to be able to take tests and stuff at home. I yes, I am going to switch back when the mac mini features a one of those intel mobile chips with low wattage.

10. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

well... i hate this pc. All it does is fight with me. I am switching back to my eMac once this computer class is over. This hp is going into a closet.

11. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Keep your chin up and surround yourself with good friends that you can laugh with. They will help you through this time of crisis.

12. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Hehe, that's funny.

13. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

no one understands my hatrid of pcs. I have been using macs all my life. I learnt computers very young, and started with one of those old all in ones. I guess i am just not used to having antispyware and antivirus running in the background, unified menu bars, and having to fight to get software updates installed :mad: Luckily i was smart; i didn't remove anything from my eMac and didn't make my parents administrators, so basically I am needed to do anything to it. It should be in better condition when i get it back, seeing it will be used maybe three times in the next three months, giving the eMac a nice and very needed rest after two and a half years of great service.