Leaving this board - good luck!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Demoman, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Demoman macrumors regular

Mar 29, 2005
    Issaquah, WA
    I just completed a three-day suspension for calling another poster a 'moron'. The site was absolutely correct in banning me. It was a dreadful display of manners and I apologize to the person I insulted. But, that has no bearing on this decision. In fact, I was contemplating it before-hand.

I was originally drawn here a couple years back because I had re-discovered Apple and was excited to be part of it. I have been an IT professional for nearly 25 years and most of that time has been with MS. However, my enchantment with Redmond (down the street) has greatly waned as I am constantly being forced to purchase outrageous licensing costs due to their predatory practices. Nowadays, they are doing as much to hurt our industry as they once did to help it.

So, after getting an early PM G5, I ended up visiting many Mac sites, but liked this best. However, I see far too much lying and disinformation here. if this site were to believed, Apple cannot do anything right. And, this is absolutely a lie. I have now been involved with the purchase of nearly 70 different Apple computers and have experienced virtually zero problems. I am sure that there are some. But, they are probably a very small percentage.

To me this reeks of a disinformation campaign, and I know a considerable amount about the subject. Read the post subject lines and you would never believe you were on a pro-Apple site. I do believe this site is focused on discrediting Apple. I will not be a party to it. And, I sure do not expect anyone to be shedding any tears. To the Apple faithful, good luck!
  2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

Jul 10, 2005
    Rocketing through the sky!

Peace out guy

Sorry I am one of those people who are trying to "discredit Apple" I mean, my Macbook has only been in for servicing hm.. what is it now.. oh yeah 5 f***ing times. Im about to go to my THIRD logic board. But I guess since you haven't had any problems means ALL of us don't have any problems right? Everyone complaining about aproblem is obviously out to get Apple right? Thats why everyone around here seems to own Apple products in near excess, and people freak out about new rev.'s because they want to hate on Apple some more right? Sheesh...
  3. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2006
    HB, CA
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia

Picture 1.png

People sometimes gets things wrong. We can't help it.
  5. Voltes V macrumors member

Sep 2, 2006
  6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Oct 31, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    No kiddin'. Toodle doo. The nature of these types of forums attracts those with negative experiences who post about their problems, mostly asking for help/advice. The vast amount of problems on this board is probably not indicative of the % of problems out there; people are more vocal when there are issues. But whatever I guess, see ya later Demoman, sorry to see you get that worked up over a forum :rolleyes:
  7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    People with problems lying to discredit Apple. [​IMG]

Maybe the Dell dude didn't get fired, maybe Dell is supplying him with some free weed in exchange for going to MacRumors and acting like 10-50k different members in an effort to discredit Apple.

People have problems, and they will want help ... and you are more likely to find it here than on Apple Support (which used to scrub their database of people complaining about problems.)

Maybe MacRumors is just a hazy fog of smoke blowing in everyones eyes, and arn is just another pot smoking Dell employee. [​IMG]
  8. FFTT macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    All of us know that the majority of Apple products are trouble free.

There have been a few zingers in the Rev "A" as to be expected, but overall
    most buyers are more than happy.

Every forum out there has it's share of trouble makers and it's difficult to
    just ignore them.

The great thing about these forums is that people know they can come here for help if they need it.

Some members are better informed than others, but generally someone will come up with the correct solution to a problem.

We just have to keep in mind that these forums are open to all ages and all

Those of us with greater experience are needed to help those just starting out.
    Even if they fail to use SEARCH before asking questions. ;)

Our time here is generally enjoyable, but sometimes it does help to take a break.
  9. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    there's nothing i can say that hasn't already been said. it's a shame you're leaving because you probably could have helped with many of the problems people experience with their Macs (you have bought over 70 problem-free machines). that is one of the reasons people come to MR - to discuss issues they're having and work out a solution. sometimes the manual does not have an answer but someone who has had the same problem knows the quick fix.

other people enjoy discussing upcoming products, or what they wish to see in the future, or the pitfalls of certain software and hardware releases. i come to MR anytime Apple releases a new product - even before i check it out on apple.com. i knew of yesterday's security update only because i checked this site. it is a shame that you view these discussions as full of misinformation - they have been only helpful to me.
  10. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2006
    How exactly is this meant to be a "pro-Apple site"? Just because it is Apple-related, doesn't mean it is pro-anything.

Maybe you should register macfansandtheirmacswhichtheylove.com or something.
  11. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

Apr 13, 2006
    I believe that your expectation for this forum, or any product related forum, is what is causing your displeasure.

Most posts here are of no interest to me, some are highly informative, some are funny, some are wrong, but mostly this forum is a great place to share info, argue about the future, and get answers.

Not all posts will be accurate.

Welcome to the term OPEN forum.
  12. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    I expected this thread to be about someone complaining of too much 'fanboy-ism'. Imagine my surprise that people here are 'down on Apple' all of the time :rolleyes: .

Take a break, check back in a few months, see if you still feel the same way.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Great post FFTT, I could not agree more. :)

Sorry to see you leave Demoman. :eek:
  14. eyup macrumors regular

Aug 21, 2006
    I personally couldn't give a rat's arse whether you stay or not - what's puzzling me is how a grown man can take a bleedin forum so seriously.
  15. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    People come here for help with their computers. If your computer's not broken you wouldn't think to post constant messages about the fact that its working fine. If its broken then you want to rant and get help so of course it seems like we're negative here. Its hardly a "disinformation campaign" and to be honest you're quite naive to think so, especially if you've spent 25 years as an IT professional.

This thread really should go into the community forum anyway, its not like its to do with buying advice, its just a rant from a disatisfied user about the community (no offence meant).
  16. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    I disagree to your notion that this is an anti-Apple site. I believe that the confusion lies in posts made by a vocal minority. That said, I hate to see you go. Take care.
  17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Thought we were about due for another leaving speech from a disgruntled forum member. The door's the wooden thing in the wall...
  18. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    forums are mostly for people who encounters problem, a place o find help, you can not expect people here to praise apple that much. so everybody should understand that in the mac forums, the people who has problems with apple is dis-proportionally high, if you think here is not good enough, imagine macfixed's forum
  19. 4God macrumors 68020

Apr 5, 2005
    My Mac
  20. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    He'll be back in less than a month I am almost positive of it. Sure we all need breaks from this board on occasion (at least I do).
    But he'll be back. They always come back.

(Whoever the hell he is :confused: )
  21. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Exactly it would be pointless to post...

"My mac is fine!"

How many replies do you think you would get and what the hell would they say.

"Gee thats great, well done!"