Leaving Thursday: Five Weeks

Discussion in 'Community' started by StarbucksSam, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Just wanted to wish a safe and happy summer to the rest of MacRumors because I'm going to be leaving for five weeks on an exciting trip with 40 other teens my age on Thursday. I'll be traveling five west coast states (AK, HI, CA, OR, WA) and BC in Canada. If you'd like to reach me, you can drop me an e-mail at starbuckssam(at)mac(dot)com and I will try to check it when I'm at an internet café.

Have a safe summer! Have fun!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Lucky Sam!

Are you roadtripping it? Drive safely.

Have fun. We're all expecting some outrageous tales from our intrepid traveller. :D

3. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Sounds fun. Are these kids you know from school or teens from all across the country?

4. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

That sounds awesome. I wish someone in my area would do something like this.

5. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

We take a coach bus - and thanks, I will have fun. There will be MANY outrageous tales. I'm STILL telling all of the ones from last year!

They are "from all across the country" according to the tour company but they are mostly from North Jersey, Long Island, and Westchester - with some from Philly (me) and some from Boca or Beverly Hills.

It can get crazy but I did one last year and it was a LOT of fun. I made amazing friends whom I'll stay in touch with for the rest of my life.

It's actually a national thing - like you can come from anywhere - even some people come from other countries (rarely). If you want the name of the tour company, PM me and I'll send it. I don't want anybody to know my exact itinerary, so I won't post it.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you a healthy and a safe five weeks trip. Sounds like you have chosen five nice states to visit. Are there going to be any chaperons? Will you be flying to most of your destinations? Is this a package type of tour or all planned by your group?

7. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Yup, I'm very excited. We visit B.C. too - on the way to get to our Alaskan Cruise. Um, it's probably five chaperones. We take a tour bus most of the time, but we have flights between home and San Francisco, Anchorage and Seattle, Seattle and Maui, and Honolulu and home. I'm not sure what you mean "package type" of tour - it's planned by a tour company that does tours only for teens. Thanks for your good wishes. Have a great summer yourself.

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

What parts of California will be visiting? San Francisco? Man and if you even get to got to Hawaii? Wow, that's cool! :D

9. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. Last year I went to those places, plus LA, San Diego, and Pacific Beach. It was fun. I am REALLY excited.

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Hey Sam, don't forget your Powerbook!
    Man, our paths are almost going to cross, I'm going to be up in BC visiting family at the beginning of August. When you're on your cruise ship headed to Alaska come out on the deck and wave when you pass Quadra Island, cuz that's where I'll be!
    Have fun, stay out of trouble! ;)

11. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Hey Andrew! Not allowed to bring the PowerBook - both parents and tour company said so. And it's just as well - I want to socialize and make new friends - not be online all the time. I need a break. My eyes said so. Thanks - I'll wave. Haha.

12. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

13. mac-er macrumors 65816

Going through the Northwest Passage?

BC and that whole area (WA and OR) is so beautiful.

Have a lot of fun.

14. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.