Leawood, KS I4 launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by cfairbank, Jun 12, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Anyone lining up at the Leawood store on the 24th?

2. macrumors 6502

If I can't find a way to get guaranteed that my phone will ship FedEx, then I will be lining up in Leawood. Lol

3. macrumors 6502

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

I will be skipping the line this year. Was able to get my pre order with delivery on the 24th. Might stop by the store once my phone is delivered to check out any cases that may show up that day.

5. macrumors member

Anyone camping the Apple Store in Leawood, Kansas for the iphone 4? What time are you going? Do you know anyone else going?

I reserved one for in-store pick up... but I need another for my wife. So I'll be there a little early.

Anyone camping out all night, or know anyone else who is?

6. macrumors newbie

i have 2 reserved at the plaza store. i live closer to the leawood store but on the missouri side....i try to stay away from leawood as much as possible.

7. macrumors 6502

I'll be there. I am geting there about 12:30am. I too have one reserved but want to beat the activation sever crash. I'll prob be the only 16 year old waiting in line. Ha

8. macrumors newbie

Will be going at 5am with my roommate. We both have preorders reserved.

9. macrumors 6502

My friend and I have one reserved and were planning on showing up at 6:30am. What kind of wait are we looking at?

10. macrumors newbie

I'm going to be up there visiting my in-laws and celebrating my anniversary, so I had our phones reserved to the Leawood store. I received the confirmation emails from Apple, so I'm hoping that means I'm guaranteed a phone on the 24th no matter what time I show up during the day. But call my paranoid because I'm considering getting up there still early in the morning. I'm just not sure how they'll handle the high demand.

I'm debating about getting up there around 3 am or so just to make sure I get my reservation, and to maybe dodge the server crash that I'm sure will take place on Thursday.

What are you planning on doing?

11. macrumors newbie

24th

I'll be there early too. I have a reservation, but the line saying "Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis." leaves me a bit worried based on all the other problems.

12. macrumors 6502

Turns out I have to be to work by 9AM. I have a reservation and am planning on showing up there around 5AM. What are my chances of getting my phone and getting out of there by 8:30?

13. macrumors regular

Hmm I would drive by around 3am and see if there is a long line...but that's just me. If there is no iTunes/AT&T activation problems, then you should be out before 8:30am but that depends on the activation and how many people are infront of you.

14. macrumors 6502

I am hoping to be one of the first 20 in line by getting there about 12:30am.

15. macrumors 6502

There is no way I can get out there at 3am. The store isn't very close to me and I work that day... I won't be able to operate well without much sleep. I'm already getting up at 4:30AM.

It would suck to get there at 5am and wait for 3.5 hours only to leave and not be able to get the phone. I guess we'll see what happens.

16. macrumors newbie

Ya I'll be there around 2. I need to leave on a trip at 8 so I have to be close to the front

17. macrumors member

I'll be there. I have one reserved, but I need another. Heading there nice and early? Does anyone know if the wifi from the apple store is free? OR, if there are outlets for power?

18. macrumors member

You should also be able to leave with the phones... and not activate them. I think I am going to get both my wife's and my phones and leave... activate them myself at home. This should really cut down the time there in the store.

19. macrumors member

Since we'll all be there... anyone want to have doughnuts and coffee? There has to be some place we can send someone with cash once we are all there. We'll hold their place in line, of course.

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

Little envious of you guys. I pre ordered and my iphone to be shipped to the house launch day. On the plus side I know I am getting one. On the negative I wont be a part of the craziness that happens at the store. I had a great time hanging out at the Leawood store grand opening / iphone 3g launch. I arrived around 10:00 pm the night prior and had of fun hanging with the people that came out. Hoping my iphone arrives early and I can head down there sometime in the morning. Would be nice to snag another iPhone for my wife:). Have fun!

21. macrumors member

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. Have never been to a launch before. So I am pumped to get there early and meet some fellow MacHeads.

22. macrumors 6502

Is there anywhere around there like a Lamars, or Dunkin Donuts?

23. macrumors 6502

Not sure about power outlets, but I know they have WiFi.

24. macrumors member

I'm sure there is. I'll be there early. Hopefully near the front of the line.

25. macrumors member

That's good. At least we'll have some solid hours of wifi browsing.