LED hosed (with video) Applecare guy unhelpful.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gammamonk, Jan 23, 2007.

1. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

I called Applecare about a problem with my powerbook. (Sleep led is blinking like crazy or stuck on while in use)

"John" wasn't helpful at all, he said it wasn't a hardware problem (yeah, right). And when I asked to talk to a supervisor he said I would have to wait 30 minutes!

Is there a upper support number or some way I can get apple to help me? I swear...

I've had pretty much everything in this machine replaced. LCD twice, backlight, harddrive, mainboard, video...

I want a new machine.

2. gammamonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Looks funky! ;)

Try again. It sounds like you just got a dodgy chap on the end of the phone. I've had to hold before while they talk to someone who can actually authorise things - it never works out to be very long.

At the end of the day, despite the history, you're not going to get a new machine for a dodgy LED unless it's a symptom of something much more serious. But, of course, they should fix it.

4. gammamonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

I would be pretty surprised if they gave me a new system. although with all the problems I've had with it, they really should have a long time ago. It's actually been pretty solid for the past 6 or 8 months.

I just need this fixed so I can sell the thing on ebay. A funky LED will give me some bad feedback if I don't mention it, and probably $100 off the highest bid if I do.

5. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

So it blinks when you touch the case? That sounds like a grounding issue or something... do you have your charger in a grounded power outlet? Or are you perhaps electrostaticly charged or something? :)

I really dont know, but perhaps let the battery run out. Plug the charger in a grounded outlet and try again?

6. gammamonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

Yeah, I think it's more of any kind of vibration or pressure really. When I type, it goes nuts. I'm gonna call applecare again tomorrow... I hope I get someone better.