LED in power cord gone crazy!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by GeeYouEye, Dec 18, 2002.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

So I'm charging my iBook, the battery indicator says 85%, and all of a sudden, the LED starts changing color! It went from amber to green to RED (I didn't even think this was possible!), to amber, then red again, then green, and then finally back to amber. Is my power adaptor dying? Is a short circuit happening? The last time the light wasn't working (actually b/c it wasn't getting any power, that was an iBook rev. A, here it's a Dual USB), the cord was fraying, and sparks were flying and frying the plastic. Feedback ASAP would be much appreciated.

2. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

how old is it. does it do it all the time.

if so and it is under warranty or applecare then it will be replaced for you no worries.

otherwise ......
    lets not go there.

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

me too.

that happened to me first about a month ago. i've only had my TiBook for about 8 months...

my power adapter always shows on the screen as plugged in, but then sometimes the light is red!!:eek: then when i move the cable around the light flickers. if i play with it long enough i can get it to go back to it's normal colour.;) :D

if it worries you just take it to Apple and get them to have a look at it. there may even be something about it on the Apple KnowledgeBase.

it sure there's alot of other people out there with similar problems...

4. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

It might still be under warrenty... I'm not sure... but I don't have Applecare for it. And this is the first (and so far only) time it's done this. Even when the cylinder thing around the plug was damaged on my old one, it didn't act like this; that's why I'm worried.