LED light on MacBook Pro doesn't light up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rtharper, Feb 1, 2007.

1. rtharper macrumors regular

rtharper

So, my computer charges fine, the charger seems to be working, BUT, when I plug in the charger to my computer, the LED light comes on as normal (Orange if charging and green when full) but sometimes the light goes from orange to VERY dim green while still charging, and sometimes it just does out completely. It appears to still charge my computer fine. The weird thing is, unplugging it and plugging it right back in makes the light come back on to the appropriate color, but it eventually it will dim/go out again.

Any ideas as to what this means? Is something defective? Is this normal?

2. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

It's not normal. I'd get in touch with Apple.

3. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

same thing happens to me im going to the apple store tommorow so i will see if they can fix it.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I have the same problem on occasion with my C2D MBP. Please update me with your findings.

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

6. j.edmund macrumors newbie

I'm having this same problem and I don't really want to go to the Apple Store if I don't have to because it's always packed. My MBP has a dent on the battery that mysteriously appeared, and I kind of think that that's the reason why since the LED dimming problem only happened after that appeared.

I just want to make sure my MBP battery isn't going to explode on my special parts and render them useless. I can deal with a dimming MBP charger until next MacWorld.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod