Left Handed Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by bunton, Jul 26, 2002.

1. bunton macrumors member

I plug my mouse in the left side of the keyboard and I am getting pretty good at the left handed mouse but if the scroll bar could be moved to the left of the window from the right side that would be great.

Is this possible on OSX or no, it should be. 12% of mac users are left handed (actually i made that up but I wonder what it really is?)

2. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

Don't you get irritated with the mouse pointed towards the left, though. There's probably a hack out there that moves your scroll bar to the left...where it is, I don't know. Good luck

3. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

try MacOSXhints.com, I found a hack in there to give both the up and down buttons together at both the top and bottom of the scroll bar, so they might have something for you too:D

4. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I don't know what to say...

...ummm....

...Thank you?!?

:cool:

5. Moonlight macrumors 6502

Moonlight

Flip

If you flip your RAM inside your mac, the OS turns into a left handed enviornment...or was that a dream I had ?

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm really surprised he's only complaining about the screen elements, when the keyboard he talks about has the numeric keypad and the arrow keys on the wrong side for a lefty power user.

7. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Ambidextrous mousing

I have what I'll call 'Mouse Shoulder'. It is similar to 'tennis elbow' or RSI wrists. I can only use my right hand to mouse for a few days, then I switch over the my left hand. I also have to switch the buttons.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Takes one to know one?:D

9. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

tinker tool

I bet tinkerTool can fix some of those lefty things for you. I'm not sure if it can but I know you can tweek the OS in ways like that.

-evildead

10. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: tinker tool

tinker tool is one of the most usefull apps you can get, but it dosnt have much for the lefthanded users, the 12% must really have it hard, being a minority and all;)

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: Ambidextrous mousing

Now why would any right handed adult need to switch to using their left hand while surfing the net?

12. bunton thread starter macrumors member

Hey Hey

Whos is left handed?? I am??
    A higher percentage of mac users are probly left handed than pc users because lefties are supposed to be smarter and mac users are also smater, that is what I heard and now it is 10% you have upsetted some folks!

Thanks for the help thought you all peoples.

And they could change up the keboard to but hey I like to...oh wait dont call us freaks or I will install windows 95 on your mac right now you Sl*t!!

13. djwoolf macrumors member

woo-hoo Leftys unite! How many ppl are Leftys on this forum anyway. In the PC world its seems like us lefty mac users are a minority of a minority. But yes we are smarter and in our Right minds(brained). i dont expect much for leftys on the mac but it would be nice. Guess well have to adapt like always. btw Thats the reason that left handed ppl are more likely to die in an accident or ass a result of clumsiness. I hate having to adjust to righties. Lets all defect to the new left handed republic! j/k

14. djwoolf macrumors member

excuse me the phrase above should read "as a result " instead of "a$$ a result" sorry i hte to be profane in front of ppl i dont know

15. bunton thread starter macrumors member

Yeah

Steve and Bill are right Handed so we are screwed we need a lefty CEO mole to infiltrate apple?

16. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

i know

as for the mouse, easy switch USB ports, but for the numeric keypad, buy an external USB one, they say its for laptops but eh what the heck....:D

17. sphereboy macrumors 6502

sphereboy

Just tap the [SPACEBAR] and your worry's are gone.

18. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

well, if ALL you want is to have your scrollbars on the left-hand side, just flip your monitor upside down :D.

You might not wanna try that on the new imac tho :)