Legacy G5 upgrades from APPLE?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by VIREBEL661, Jun 24, 2003.

1. VIREBEL661 macrumors regular

Hey everybody - found this article on Low End Mac regarding Apple's commitment to G5 processor upgrades and mobo upgrades for old Mac's, sometimes at less than what IBM is even charging for the chips....

http://www.lowendmac.com/rumormill/03/0623.html

Has anyone heard any rumors about this?? Whaddya think???

Cheers!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That's the old April in June routine, sort of like Christmas in July, but with the ability to pretend it's the beginning of April every day in June. :p

Though it was extremely funny, deserve to be a front page article on MacWhispers. :D

3. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

HAHAHAHAHAHAH That is the most stupid thing I have heard in years. Yes I would love to have a 1.4ghz LC2 but that aint never going to happen it is not possible, if it were Sonnet or any of those would have done it with the G3 years ago.

4. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

That is one of the most rediculous things i've ever heard of...now, if it were to come true, i'd have to haul out my old LC II from the closet

5. gopher macrumors 65816

Re: Legacy G5 upgrades from APPLE?

This person has about as much credibility as Bill Gates when it comes to saying Windows is secure. If you want a G5 start saving now. By the way, you can save money on the G5 by build-to-order and not including the Superdrive or 56k modem.

6. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

7. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Re: Re: Legacy G5 upgrades from APPLE?

I suppose you can swap superdrives from G4 PMs to G5 PMs? I can't see why not but just checking ;)

8. VIREBEL661 thread starter macrumors regular

I like read the first two pargraphs and said 'that would be really cool for G3's and G4's'.... Of course, as you read farther it gets absolutely ridiculous! Just thought I'd share with everybody - somebody mentioned 'no mac left behind' in another thread.... This site is funny but also has some really good legacy information overall!!!!

9. VIREBEL661 thread starter macrumors regular

Granted, however - it's fun reading though!

10. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie