Legal music site: 5¢ a song !?!?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by srobert, Apr 28, 2004.

1. macrumors 68020

srobert

Extract from the article:

—> Link to whole article - Click me <—

2. macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Thats the problem with teaching the world capitalism. They learn the lesson too well :)

Odds are the downloads are legal in Russia. You are probably liable for customs and I am not sure what the rules are for reimportation. There will be some icky court cases over this especially if the Russian government decided that this is a good thing and backs up the people doing this.

3. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

regardless of the legality of this particular site, the idea is wonderful, and i'm sure many people here would be enthusiastic about having lower, but variably priced music depending on quality. that way, you can download just what you want, in whatever format you want, at whatever quality you decide works best for you. wonderful! :)

4. macrumors 65816

Dippo

While that is true, there are certian record labels that would never allow it to happen.

But being able to download a loseless 30MB song for only $1.50 isn't too bad, of course a 5MB song would only be a quater (what music should cost!)

I checked out the site, but they didn't seem to have any recent or good music :mad:

5. macrumors 65816

Dippo

Sorry DP.
    Macrumors is having some problems or something...

6. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

meh. just because the record labels don't want people to do it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good idea. it's a wonderful idea, it's just not going to happen here. :(