Lego Mario

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I got bored and made this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7EgLkTOtaGE

Seems to be a million and one Mario animations these days. Million plus one now.

ps. I have the original Ambassadors of Funk - MarioLand song on tape :) it's amazing.

2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

How bored? :cool:

Not bad though, much better use of time than what I end up doing when I'm bored...
    Only thing I would have done is the clouds. They should wiggle up and down a little when going across, and Mario should move a bit more too.

+props

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

That was pretty funny jimmi... my only suggestion would be to do another version with the original music and side effects. Oh, and a GOOMBA, too!

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

In due time ;) I have a plan to make a huge wall spanning version soon as my parents are on holiday (for the "no questions asked" period). I really enjoy doing stop motion :)

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Haha, awesome. I used to do actual claymation with my cousin when I was in my pre-teens... he's a terrific artist, and used to make great models with clay, I'd write up the stories and help with moving them etc, and do some of the voice overs... good times.

I've been writing a short script that was originally going to be a comic, but I think I'm going to do it as a stop motion film. Need to pick a 'medium', though. Legos, custom clay, action figures, etc. It's gonna be (one of) my winter projects.

Anyways, enough about me, got any other animated shorts?

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

http://youtube.com/profile?user=satansam always the rest of my YouTube stuff, which is mostly just lower quality versions of...

http://satansam.co.uk/blog/?page_id=6 - note that later vids are Mac-happy .movs whilst the later ones are a mixture of stuff. Wmv's included. should probably re-encode.

Ignore Muffy the God like the plague. It was a short "film" done by my sister to try and convert her to Mac with iMovie. it failed.

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

That's great, if that's what you do when you are bored I'm afraid to see when you actually do work!

Well to be honest it didn't have the "wow!" impact as this video had when I first saw it. But it was still great!

Streets of Rage Lego
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD80z0Dlbik

8. crachoar macrumors 6502a

'Streets of Rage'...god, I love that game.

Best 2D brawling game ever, followed only by 'Golden Axe'.

9. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

My exact Thoughts...Sega owned so bad....oh I loved it. How do you download youtube Vids?

10. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

keepvid.com
    then, flvviewer

11. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

wow, thats a really cool, i wish i had that much time....
    although i AM on this forum... soooo....

12. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

well done, i would love to see the second level.

13. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Everything you make is always great, James :)

But I don't think the forums will be happy until you make a giant Mario game where each lego brick is one pixel on the screen... then everyone will be happy. :p

14. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Or use iSquint to convert them to an iPod video compatible format.

VLC can also play flvs I believe.

I really enjoyed the mario video by the way.

It's neat.

15. jdechko macrumors 68040

Awesome, Jimmi. When you do the whole wall, it would be sweet if you accurately recreated the world(s).

16. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

u should like make the entire level 1-1 of super mario brothers out of Lego stop-motion. with the music too. that'd be sweet! (there's a claymation of the thriller video by micheal jackson on Google video. it looks like how the video actually is.)

17. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

that was the original plan, but Hollyoaks was on so I had to finish it soon. it was filmed in my sisters room and she sorta wanted it back so I had to go really. but yea, I printed off the whole level 1 map and was piecing it together, had all the blocks ready. I didn't even get to use the Luigi alternative lego man :(
    and the music... well. we had no internet connection (hence me actually making something) and I lost my whole iTunes library a few weeks back so couldn't get ahold of the original level music. but the closest thing I had was the Ambassadors of Funk track.

18. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

haha nice. suggestion. remake the 1st level of the original SMB1 using the actual music. it will be #1 on youtube.

19. Vster macrumors 6502

20. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i would like to let you know that your little film there inspired me to start planning of an actual short film. Then i searched for more lego films on YT and i got depressed at how much time people have on their hands :(