Lego Starwars Designs

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMacMan, Jul 18, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

This is great.

[​IMG]

Great Stuff, great designs, he aint done yet but they still look kick-in.

Check it out.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

those are pretty good... i don't particularly like star wars, but my partner does, so when he buys the kits i put 'em together (i do have a thing for legos)... yoda was fun especially... but i don't have the creativity to design things from scratch...

pnw

3. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah I just think those designs are wicked. :)

Not a great starwars fan either, but they all look cool.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nice designs - makes me wish for my old lego.....but when I played with them there weren't as many colors or different types of blocks. I thought it was great to have a few cylindrical pieces....:D

When I have kids, we'll be getting legos again.

D

5. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Haha, even I remember when there were only bit same sized block shaped pieces it hasn't been into recently with all of these 1 billion different shaped pieces.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, the robotic sets, technical ones and a bunch of movies from Harry Potter to StarWars to Legos own series allows for so many types.

I did have a lego train, though, which was very cool. Just having that motorized piece was enough :D

Today you really need to learn so much more about gearing and computers with the robots - I would have loved it.

D

7. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i have the robotics the only problem is the software that comes with it is only for windows and it is an aweful peice of sw,
    there is a mac altirnitive out there that is much better but it runs in os9, also i need a usb irtransmitter because the one i have is serial.

but yea the robotics are awesome i love them, last christmas my dad got me another set with geers and extra motors and little peices galore :D

8. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

The Gospel... in Lego

If you are a lego fan, check out http://www.bricktestament.com -- nice work, even though the author is mulilating the original texts somewhat (no wonder, he's an atheist :) ).

9. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: The Gospel... in Lego

WOW that looks like it took some work

10. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Re: The Gospel... in Lego

Yeah that must have taken yearsss.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I liked the simpler days of Lego. I'm only 23, but when I was 6-8 years old, the big sets were the ones I would like. I don't think I would like the robotic Lego sets now with the batteries or whatever. They also seem simpler to build. I also hate how they have CGI cartoons or whatever, and the CGI Transformers is the worst. They killed Transformers........killed it!!. [​IMG]

12. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Haha, transformers was dead years ago, they always just went to another planet still fighing for another 'great power' it was never ending.

13. Jerry Spoon macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Man, I wish I had the time to create all of this cool stuff...but suprisingly I do have time to read a bunch of message boards...hmmm.:p

14. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Looks like a Quake logo to me.

That's what they need -- id Lego sets! Build a grenade-launching ogre! Cacodemons with skull-launching power! And everyone's favorite: the Arch-Vile!

15. vniow macrumors G4

Heh, reminds me when I used to make Star War designs with my Legos...

16. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

From there site (if you read it...):
    So yeah... inspired.

Hehe, don't we all? :)

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I remember Lego as a child also, no designs even close! When I was at MWNY '02 my wife and I visited FAO Schwartz. They had a large display dedicated to Lego, designs out of this world as far as intricacy is concerned. Remember the Empire State, WTC buildings, Statue of Liberty, etc. They also had an area with Star Wars. I will have to say that I was very tempted, but I reminded myself that things are not as easy as they seem!

18. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah they had some insane kits also.

I think they just recently closed down, I'm not 100% about that, but I think so.

19. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

good stuff. i like the n-wing and the p-wing.

altough legos rocked, i was more of a robotix/construx/capsulla kid.

20. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

My life ambition as a kid was to make an Emperial Walker out of Legos, but I never could. I miss my legos...*sniff*

21. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hehe, I had this lego submarine, and I fine tuned it so it didn't sink or float, it would have enough air to go right under the surface, it was great. :)

22. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    Star Wars Lego saved my life

heh, yep, it's true :) I ordered the Tie Bomber from Amazon and it was delivered on September 10th 2001. I started building it before I went to bed, and, instead of waking up the next morning and going to the World Trade Center to do a quick bit of shopping before work as I had planned, I just had to finish off building the lego, I'd have been right under the WTC at 9am that day. I was so engrossed in building it the first I knew of the disaster was when my girlfriend at the time called me to see if i was ok...

on another note, it's lego blocks/bricks, not legos :) Lego is a brand name, so surely you cannot make it plural in that context?

23. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

evoluzione: Is that so? I'll bet there are quite a few stories like that out there. If that happened to me I would have felt my stomach drop out thinking how close I was to biting it.

A coworker of mine was almost in some crossfire about a year ago for getting me a sandwich within like three minutes of a gunfight breaking out between police and a couple of guys robbing the Arbys or something, they had already shot two civilians I think.

She told me "you better appreciate your damn sandwich, I almost died for that!" ;)

24. Flickta macrumors 6502

I've been a big LEGO fan...

Medieval series being my favorite.
    They killed any charm with Harry ****ing Potter and all that unreal stuff... forgot the titles...
    Personally, I think 1991-1994 were the golden years of medieval style LEGO bricks.

...Technics always good. But in 7-12 years range they now have only commerce, brands, product-placement, you name it. Nothing ORIGINAL, giving enough space for Your imagination. Too bad.

25. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Hey bro, i'm glad you didn't end up in WTC.... we wouldn't have got to meet ya, which would have made geekfest... well, not as fun. :)