Leica Digilux 3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SpankyPenzaanz, Oct 22, 2006.

1. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
  2. shieldyoureyes macrumors 6502

Nov 1, 2005
    Uppsala, Sweden
  3. ChrisA macrumors G4

Jan 5, 2006
    Redondo Beach, California
    I like the variable format 3:4, 2:3, 9:16. Of course you can always crop but the Leica let's you have a 3:3 image without loosing pixels.. It is closer to what I think is ideal -- a square format.

Leica makes some interesting cameras. Certainly not "me too" copies. This is one of them and the M8 is the other. If I only had $6K, an M8 would be nice to have
  4. maxi macrumors regular

May 23, 2006
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I'm not a fan of the 4/3 system... That and the fact that I cannot find the shutter lag posted anywhere in their site make me doubt a bit. Very nice to move up from a P&S, but I wouldn't go from a real DSLR into this.

Now, If I could get my hands on a M-3..... :)
  5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I've seen that camera. It seems very, very nice, and if I had unlimited funds I might get it just for the h*** of it... :cool:

...but I think I rather get the Olympus E-400, even if that is also out of my price range... however I might ignore that for a E-400 if that is as gorgeous in real life as the pictures of it indicates... ;)

You see, I am a fan of the Four Thirds system, and a long time Olympus user... :)
  6. beavo451 macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2006
    It is based off of the Panasonic Lumix L1. Lecia says they improved it, but I don't know what they have improved. If you want to get the feel of it, pick up a L1. Personally, I hated the way it handled.
  7. SRSound macrumors 6502

Jun 7, 2005
    I wanted to revive this thread to see if there were any updates ... im now considering this camera too. Any thoughts on the Digilux 3 vs. D200 with 18-200mm for artistic and documentary use only?