Lemon law

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by robotrenegade, Feb 22, 2004.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

I been posting problems with my screen having red dots moving in dark area of my screen. Well, I went through 3 9800 cards and still happening so apple is sending me a new G5!!! Thanks lemon law.

lemon law
    n.
    A law obligating manufacturers or sellers to repair, replace, or refund the price of motor vehicles that prove to be defective.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

That's an overheating video card.

If you have problems with the new machine, you may want to upgrade the heatsink to one of the PC users 9800 overclocker versions.

Some people have found the factory heatsink a bit underpowered when using dual monitors, or in warmer rooms.

Plus the heatsinks aren't always installed perfectly, which also causes some problems.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

whether or not you invoked the lemon law, it does not apply to this case, as there is no malfunction. Apple never promised a lack of floaty-red-dots as a measure of standard performance. It's the same way you couldn't invoke the lemon law for a car that smelled bad, or had cosmetic defects. you'd have to revert to standard contract law on that one.

paul

4. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Either way, I'm getting a new G5. It has already been shipped.

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I don't think Apple did it because of a Lemon Law...thats actually part of AppleCare. If the same thing goes bad 3 times within a specific period of time Apple will ship you a new one. The same is true of 3 different things happen.