Lending Tree

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by itcheroni, Jul 30, 2006.

1. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

I checked out Lending Tree just to see what kind of rates I could qualify for. But then I told my family and they all couldn't believe I put out my social security number for unlimited numbers of people to see. Does anyone here have any experience with Lending Tree? Are there any well known cases of identity theft, those sort of crimes? Now I'm worried. :(

2. reh macrumors 6502a

I doubt any financial institution will loan you money without first running a credit check on you (which requires your SSN).

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

All it takes is one bad seed to ruin your credit or steal the contents of your house.

Pay off an office clerk or have one of them point out a broken shredder and that one person can pass on all the info that is needed to steal an identity.

Bank employees and valets have been know to sell your info to B&E people, they will alert thieves to when you have you "jewelery" out of the saftey deposit box and at the house.

This last method, along with paying some others, has worked quite well for some of the better jewelery thieves.

So it is not the millions you worry about, but one of those people hands the info passes through.

4. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now I'm a little worried. Most likely nothing will happen because so many people actually use lending tree. I've just got to be more careful with my SSN. Mistakes of being young. :eek: