length of time apple care is provided to educational institution users?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aniej, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I had a bit of a pleasant surprise yesterday when I called apple care to go over a problem I was having. I had plotted out my strategy of getting the person to help me because I was convinced that my time had expired on apple care since this comp is now 4 years old. My issue was related to the recent security update and I was ready to articulate my best argument for why they should help me because it was their security update that I was concerned about in relation to the problem I was having. As the tech goes through the usual line of questions and gets to the end where I expect them to say "ohh i'm sorry do you want to pay more for apple care or we can't help" I instead heard.... "so how can I help you?" :eek:What a wonderful surprise, but one that left me in a bit of a quandary. Do individuals affiliated with an educational institution receive a different length of apple care? I am not talking about students here or people who got an education discount, I am talking about professors and administrators, people of that sort. If you have any insight into this I would love to hear it, I was too worried about asking the tech on the phone and having the response be "ohhh, woops looks like we made a mistake you in fact do not qualify for service and we will be happy to take care of that error in our records for you right away sir.";)

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

No - I'm an educational customer, and AppleCare is under the same terms as it is with everyone else. It DOES cost less though.

So my advice is: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". :D

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

haha ok I will do nothing with any horses at all.