Leo Laporte - Mac Champion

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by blackpeter, Mar 29, 2002.

1. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

I just wanted to take a little time to applaud Leo Laporte (leoville.com). Leo's a television talk-show host for TechTV's The Screen Savers (thescreensavers.com). His show is a variety type show about computers, the internet, you know - tech talk.

The audience is made of of mostly PC folks. Their segments are (for the most part) about hardware or software that's not available for the Mac. But time and time again Leo talks about his Cube or gushes over OS X. "It's much better than anything out there," if I can approximate a quote from yesterday's show. He goes on to say, "...much better than Windows XP."

For a show that's got a lot of devoted Windows users, I'd say he's putting his neck out there. Almost all of the call-in questions are from users running XP.

I just want to say thanks, Leo.

2. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Laporte is also occasionally a guest on the Ronn Owens program on KGO radio here in SF. The last couple of times I've heard him, he's been strongly pro-Mac, mostly the iPod and the new iMac, both of which he raved about repeatedly.