leopard 9A321 screenshots (from the net)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BollywooD, Dec 17, 2006.

1. BollywooD macrumors 6502

BollywooD

all found on the net:

Attached Files:

2. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Nice stuff. I hope that grammar checker is worth its while... I tend to turn it off in Word because it tends towards either being stupid or pedantic. Recording in Automator is nice. Any word on whether we'll get branching capability?

3. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I don't want to cast doubt on these photos but if you look at the Automator screenshot the record and play buttons in the top right are very elongated, not the typical round icons as normal.

4. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

System wide grammar checking, now that'd be nice.

If they would offer plug-ins for other languages for the dictionary I'd be happy.

Leopard is shaping up nicely. If they really have more up their sleeves it is gonna be awesome. The small features alone are really useful.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhhh, what, a year and a half after Tiger drops, the mysteriously absent promised iCal widget suddenly makes an appearance? Egads, man! :)

I do hope Automator gets some more features in Leopard. I really like it, but right now some very basic things are too complicated... like if you want to act on a file and then delete it, which is pretty common (e.g. add a song to iTunes and then trash it), you often are in trouble because after the action is taken on the file, the original file is no longer the object passed to the next action....

Grammar checking will be nice. :)

6. MacVault macrumors 65816

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Got a long time yet to sort out a new UI, wait till after MWSF for the developer builds with a refresh of the UI.

8. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

I'm in the same boat-- I really like Automator but I can never use it for anything because tasks don't fit well to the linear flow. It's going to be a challenge to make a drag and drop programming interface that is useful to the non-programmer...

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If they made it have a non-linear flow and either gave each action multiple outputs (so all the different outputs are listed or available via pull-down and you can string your next action to whichever you want), it might be really amazing...

I think too the reality is that very few mac users who are using Automator are programming naïve. I think it was intended for this but it just ended up not being simplistic enough to make sense to someone with no object oriented programming exposure.

In fact, I might just make a poll about that. :D

EDIT: Here it is.