Leopard and Adobe CS2 - your thoughts/experience on how they worked together

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by MacGirl1985, Feb 16, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2007
    Roswell, GA
    I'm in the process of upgrading to Leopard. I work in CS2 - (photoshop, indesign, adobe illustrator, go live) and not sure I want to bite the $699 upgrade price right this moment. (seeing that I just bought the original CS2 suite a little more than one year ago for around $1500.) I'd like to delay upgrading it for a few months or so. I just finished a large project, and now is a good time to do a major cleanup of my system.

Does anyone have any experience using these together? (10.5 and CS2)

Yes, I know that Adobe has a statement out there saying "CS2 has not been designed to work with Leopard", but I am interested to know what the real users have to say about it.

I'm certain CS3 is faster. I'm most interested to know if CS2 crashes a lot, is unworkable, incompatible, etc. I'm a freelance graphic designer. Most of the work I do is in illustrator and indesign. The photoshop work I do is on the simpler end, bringing in layered graphics to create .gif and jepg files for web sites, etc.

2. macrumors 68020

May 24, 2007
    i only use photoshop (out of the cs2 apps) and it's just fine with leopard. no crashing.