Leopard + animated/movie desktop?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by deepy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. deepy macrumors regular

I was sort of keeping an eye on the macRumors live text display of WWDC and is it just me or did i see it say something about having animated/movie desktops/wallpapers/background or whatever you call it on Mac OS?

I know its not a new concept but i've been using Win2k and linux for as long as i can remember and have never had this feature (apart from years ago when i made active desktops with flash animations on them lol) but i like the sound of it.

2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I'm not positive, but I think you heard that about iChat Theatre, not the desktop.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

4. projectle macrumors 6502

Yea, there are all kinds of things avaliable. However, for OS X there haven't been any "integrated" into the OS. (However, under Windows that is disapearing due to being far from practical or useful).

One that was really done well was the Animated Backgrounds for KDE (linux) as they did not take up much CPU. I always loved to have the WorldClock loaded up as my background.

What it is was a big world map on your desktop that showed how the light from the sun were hitting it at any given moment. It worked well, as it only needed to update itself once every 10-15 minutes.

5. stewacide macrumors regular