Leopard Build 9A377a Details Emerging

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 4, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Details and screenshots are beginning to emerge regarding Leopard (build 9A377a), which was seeded to developers on Friday.

According to the InsanelyMac Forum, the long list of known bugs plus bugs encountered during testing indicate that the build is a far cry from being ready for prime time. This casts doubt upon recent reports that Leopard will be ready for a late-March release.

Bugs aside, the new build did introduce some new features and interface improvements, namely in Automator, Spotlight, and the Sharing and Screensaver preference panes.

Continue reading for highlights of these improvements.

[ Digg This ]

2. macrumors member

It's like the Energizer Bunny, but in reverse...

"Still waiting..."

3. macrumors 6502

If you cough up the new powermacs steve, all is forgiven.

4. macrumors 68040

Telp

hahaha but seriously, i cant wait, and it seems as if apple is really making a LOT of changes and ehancements, even if they are just small UI changes here and a new screensaver there, they are really trying to make Leopard the best that they can. I would guess part of that is to get XP usersm, microsoft users in general to switch over to apple, and i think they are on the right pathway to doing that. As long as the security is good, and its not just all eyecandy, Leopard is going to be amazing !! :D

5. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i don't really care how long it takes. If it means 10.5 will be the most stable mac os release yet, ill wait until christmas!

6. macrumors 68040

Telp

Leopards release wont be enough?

7. macrumors 68000

skoker

At this rate Vista will be stable enough to run life support systems before Leopard is announced.

:confused: :apple:

8. macrumors 68040

Telp

I agree, but it would not be good for apple if that happened, and i dont expect it to happen either...but your right, ill wait if it means a more stable OS

9. macrumors 68040

Telp

haha no it wont, as long as it runs on microsoft's kernal it will never be stable

10. macrumors 68040

Daveway

Wasn't Tiger riddled with bugs weeks before launch?

11. macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

These slight improvements seem to be really good. I especially like the "Watch Me Do" function of Automator. For less experienced Mac users, this could be really good. I've already thought of ways I could use that.

12. macrumors 68040

Telp

10.0 was

13. macrumors 603

Very nice, I've been wanting a "Watch Me Do" feature in Automator (seriously, was that the best name they could come up with??) and Spotlight's UI was in desperate need of an overhaul. Hate the ALL CAPS iTunes-style titles, though.

14. macrumors 68040

Telp

get over the name, it does what you want and thats all that matters

15. macrumors Core

agreed. i want it to be their best effort. especially since OS development is slowing down over all. i'd rather get a super stable, bug-free 10.5 and feel comfortable upgrading ASAP, than waiting for the kinks to get worked out.

16. macrumors 68020

Wow, very surprised they are adding the feature to choose other folders to be shared... Interesting shift in their thinking.

17. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

Yes, I agree to an extent but there has to be balance, Christmas would be too long to wait. :p

This must be a tough time to be a software developer at Cupertino, esp. with Steve Jobs breathing down your neck and the release deadline drawing ever closer.

Take it easy Apple guys, you're doing well. :cool:

18. macrumors regular

Automator looks good and the Watch Me Do feature sounds great.

19. macrumors 68040

Telp

thats what we like to hear, shouts of encouragement! wOOt

20. macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I actually like the iTunes-style titles, IMO. The new Spotlight looks nice.

21. macrumors 68020

humm...
    I might think the new octo-core MacPro will be announce at WWDC because of Leopard.

22. macrumors 68040

Telp

I think we will be seeing a lot of sweet stuff from apple once leopard is released.

23. macrumors 6502

stephenli

good! pls bring it in March.
    I will wait for 10.5 to purchase a new iMac.:)

24. macrumors regular

the.snitch

SHAREPOINTS! :D I've been wanting to share separate files other than just my home directory, without third party tools for ever.

Perhaps one of the few things that is easier on windows. Right click folder>Sharing and security>Check tickbox to share.

Now all we need is a better way to automount network volumes at login, other than dragging the share into login items. It doesn't remember the passwords for windows shares, for "security reasons", even though a "remember in keychain" tickbox is right there on the authentication dialog. :mad:

However simple writing a script is (I know how), users shouldn't be forced to go there.

25. Guest

zblaxberg

raise your hand if your not surprised that leopard isn't coming out yet...