Leopard Core Animation Video!! Slick!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Compile 'em all, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

What appears to be a legit video of how Leopard's Spotlight makes use of Core Animation, very slick !!

[​IMG]

Direct rapidshare download here (in case the previous link gets dugg).

2. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

so besides the UI boost, what's better about leopard?

3. Tehy macrumors regular

Coool! Sometimes it's hard to see the word when you use search, but this helps a lot! .)

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Umm, how about 64-bit, TimeMachine, + stuff we don't yet know about? How's that for starters?

5. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

This reminds me of Firefox's search... good for Apple, I really liked that feature.

6. Compile 'em all thread starter macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

7. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

It's funny you say that... Leopard looks exactly the same as Tiger.

8. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

if you think that website makes me want to shell out over $100 then you're highly mistaken. i can all of the things leopard does today with 3rd party applications.

i want to see the features that make me go WOW.

i guess I'll be waiting till John Sircusia's review, or Daring Fireball.

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Well, why don't you wait until it is released and you see all that it has to offer you before you get your panties in a bunch. Apple is obviously putting a lot of time and resources into making Leopard happen as soon as possible, so just sit tight, and prepare to go "WOW". :p

10. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

That just looks like more features to slow down my already slow G5 powermac.

11. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

good job reading my last line.

and it's awfully smug of you to know that i'm going to get wowed, i don't know you and you don't know me. stop acting like you do.

12. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm really looking forward to a boost in Apple's Help Database - with the number of switchers growing, Apple needs to have a decent Help section for the newbs!

Either way, that Help Search Feature is SLICK. That'll be competing with Vista's Help, which, as I understand, is actually very, very good...:eek:

13. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

What's with the pointer?
    It's transparent. And when it moved over the google search field it started to glow yellow.

14. pardonator macrumors newbie

Its totally legit, I have the beta and it works just like that.*

However I now want to get it off, some programs don't run properly, its a lot slower then tiger (macbook pro). Skype video beta no longer works, Photoshop crashses constantly as well as office apps. I've tried all the apps that are featured, and to be honest I wouldn't buy the full product if its the same as this, its not worth it

15. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Umm hello, its a BETA. It's still about 6 months away from release, Im sure Tiger was just as bad 6 months away from release. But I wouldn't know because I don't pirate software.

16. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You're kidding right?

You do realise it's a beta version? It's got over six more months of development to go on it and this Beta doesn't even include all the goodies yet - do you honestly think Apple would release a feature-complete beta to developers this far out from release after the big song and dance at WWCD about keeping things close to the chest? They don't trust developers that much and it seems like that mistrust is warranted.

17. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

you do realize this is a beta, right?

18. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

good for you... you can stick with tiger forever nobody cares...

to be fair, i'd like to see exactly what third party app gives you 64bit

19. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

because if i sat you down in front of a 32 bit mac and a 64 bit mac, and told you to do your daily workflow, you would be able to tell me without a reasonable doubt which machine was which :rolleyes:

20. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Try saying that in 2 or 3 years when many more things are 64 bit. Why would you assume that everything is just going to stay the same.

Especially now that we finally have a good 64bit os?

21. LoveMacMini macrumors regular

duhh it will be different in 3 years, that's just the world of computing, by then we'll be at 10.6

i'm talking about today. today i can make a tiger install act like leopard with that slim and weak presentation shown by jobs

here's hoping there are secret features and we'll be able to fight about it then

but for now, todo lists, stationary, and ichat tabs o my! it's a new OS!

22. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

you're also leaving out core animation - that alone pretty much wowed me

i bet soon software will be requiring Leopard because of that

23. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

Look at the apple.com site for more info.

24. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

They have to start the transition to 64-bit sometime. Why wait three years if they're capable of doing it now? Why not allow developers the ability to create 64-bit programs that run seamlessly side-by-side with 32-bit programs?

I'm beginning to rethink Leopard - I was, undoubtedly, a bit dissapointed (Apple hyped the hell outta Leopard up till WWDC - you can't deny that). But we have to remember that this was a developers conference - and you cannot deny that 64-bit, Core Animation, and Time Machine have HUGE applications for developers (developers can harness the capabilities of Time Machine and incorporate them into their own applications).

Hopefully, we see more consumer-orientated features come Paris or MWSF (as those are consumer-focused shows). Otherwise, you clearly haven't "shuttup" like you said you were going to....:rolleyes:

25. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Ah.. so let someone else make up your mind for you. Good balls to the wall approach.