Leopard Images?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thomasburns, Aug 4, 2006.

1. thomasburns macrumors newbie

It goes like this. A friend of mine is a dev over at apple. And over the last 3 weeks I have been endlessly asking him to give me some juicy details about leopard. (PPC OS software dev) Instead of giving me details he has given me links. Now he could be pulling my leg, but they seem quite authentic to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And again, apparently, the icons in the dashboard images for chat, browser, gallery and mail are placeholders, the new icons havnt been finished yet. And also that the new spotlight has only been finished entirely on the intel version, and that that will be the version they preview at WWDC, so the new interface and flashy animations, and new file previews arn't in these images.

But anyways, I hope he's telling the truth and I hope they arn't fake!

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Fake or not, his taste in music is awesome. I'm listening to Muse right now, actually.

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

4. thomasburns thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, he's also listening to gnarls barkley!

Not that I don't like your opinion, but if your going to say that, could you at least supply a reason?

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I officially retract my statement. I do, however, agree with the fake comment. It just... wow.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Doesn't really have OSX's signature 'finished' look to it. :(

7. thomasburns thread starter macrumors newbie

Im sure that can be explained by the fact that it isnt finished :confused:

8. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

It also just looks like a bad Photoshop job with some Uno thrown in to make the menus darker.

Jeez, with this kind of stuff being thrown at us, maybe MR should have a "Photoshop your own fake Leopard screens" contest.

9. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

honestly no apple dev would use Azureus to download disks of tiger, panther and 9.2.2 from the pirate bay (TPB), at least the screenshots could have had a 10.5 torrent. Plus that IE in the dock... sure... whatever... looks like photoshop and uno.

10. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

OS 9 in Leopard? I would have figured classic wasn't going to make the cut for Leopard.

11. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Mmm. Seems like the right sort of move for Spotlight.

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

They're faked.

Look:

[​IMG]

Notice how the icons in the middle are slightly higher than the icons on either side of the picture. They have been placed on there manually IMO. Also look at the spacing between iMovie and Garage Band. There's a TINY gap, wheras the spacing between that blue dot thing and iMovie is very large. That must be fake as I've never seen an icon that's that badly designed.

[​IMG]

Notice how Spotlight's selection seems to go over the edge of the selection window? That's been added in by hand...

[​IMG]

This is just to the right of the spotlight file list. What on earth happened to iTunes here? What's happened to the scroll bar? It's gone completely white...

[​IMG]

Notice how the spotlight selection ring on the right file is lower than the other two, and yet the icons are clearly aligned correctly.

Also, if those icons are aligned so perfectly, then they must be snapped to a grid. But if so, then how come there are other icons on the same desktop which clearly aren't aligned to a grid?

Fake, IMO

Attached Files:

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i call fake too. sorry. the Torrents are the biggest give away, along with the iTMS wav files. why would they even be there?

14. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

When a Newbie comes onto the site just before WWDC, its obvious that its fake!

15. Saerd macrumors newbie

I believe it's fake too. But it's fun to see a couple screenies though, fake or not. :)

16. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

17. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I'm inclined to believe they're real, and I like them.

Exposé for Safari tabs? It's like they read my mind. :) I HOPE they're real come Monday.

Of course, regardless, the whining about a previewed OS version is a classic not to be missed (be it Mac or otherwise). Whatever Steve shows at this one presentation will be assumed by some to be the "only" changes. And others will assume that Apple will force you to buy the OS even if you wish it came out later. (But what's cool is, if you wish it came out later, 2008 or whenever, you can wait and buy it then :) )

18. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I really hope they make tighter integration between Mail,iChat,address book, and iCal. I have to have all of those open at once to really work effectivitly. But on my computer at work, all I need open in Outlook. Not saying Outlook is better, but it is much less windows to have open at once.

19. lOUDsCREAMEr macrumors regular

lOUDsCREAMEr

20. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Now if these features are true, especially the iChat and Quicktime ones, I'd buy this in a second.

21. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

The most obvious thing for me regarding the OP is that the exact same images are on the O'Grady report on Leopard. So, the images may be legit, but the story about the 'developer friend' doesn't check out.

22. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'd like the MSN and Yahoo chat integration to be true, especially for video chats.

23. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If you can't load the original page, here they are:

24. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure it is like that because the dock is in magnify mode

25. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp