Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
I seriously hope there is more then just this and what is being reported by PowerPage. If there isn't Microsoft just got a FRACKING HUGE break. The gap between X and Windows will have narrowed to the point that all that is left is MS to clean up their code over a 1 year period with SP1 and 2.
I'm going to be royally pissed if Apple spent all this time with only minor tweaks to everything. I understand that the transition to x86 has had to be a massive drain on their resources but still. . . if true it looks like another speedbump along the road of OS X.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
SiliconAddict said:
I seriously hope there is more then just this and what is being reported by PowerPage. If there isn't Microsoft just got a FRACKING HUGE break. The gap between X and Windows will have narrowed to the point that all that is left is MS to clean up their code over a 1 year period with SP1 and 2.
I'm going to be royally pissed if Apple spent all this time with only minor tweaks to everything. I understand that the transition to x86 has had to be a massive drain on their resources but still. . . if true it looks like another speedbump along the road of OS X.

I agree compltely, Apple really need to have done something special with Leopard to make sure Vista doesn't catch up too easily.... If its just tweaks, I'll be quite annoyed that I'll be paying a premium for an OS with not much more than Vista...

Cheers

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
Did anyone notice how the tabel in the pic looked very bright and colorful and quite out of place. And the fact steve was there is carzy. And how about the thing in his hand- is it a camera? and lets see what else is wrong with this picture: Does that remind anyone of the ipod video fake that was bouncing around awile ago- why do these things ALWAYS have an LCD test screen on them and not a demo of the OS they are running. Oh and steve is at the wrong angle to be taking the picture. And if anyone could confirm if Apple HQ has that type of elevator.

FAKE

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I love some of your concerns about the article and it's pictures, because it's a fake anyway. I mean some of the points might be true, but I highly doubt this is the real deal. This happens so often it's not even funny. Also Powerpage is about as reliable as pregnant man. So get your panties out of a twist and calm down.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
SiliconAddict said:

I wouldn't be too disheartened by these 'leaks', since the incremental updates of iCal, Safari, Mail, etc, are a given. It's the 'new' features that I've no doubt Apple have been busy creating for the past year or so that will make Leopard really stand out of Vista (fingers crossed ;) )

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
emorydunn said:
Did anyone notice how the tabel in the pic looked very bright and colorful and quite out of place. And the fact steve was there is carzy. And how about the thing in his hand- is it a camera? and lets see what else is wrong with this picture: Does that remind anyone of the ipod video fake that was bouncing around awile ago- why do these things ALWAYS have an LCD test screen on them and not a demo of the OS they are running. Oh and steve is at the wrong angle to be taking the picture. And if anyone could confirm if Apple HQ has that type of elevator.

FAKE

HaHa. I hope you were just joking and weren't really thinking that this was being taken seriously. :p

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
Austin Texas
jholzner said:
HaHa. I hope you were just joking and weren't really thinking that this was being taken seriously. :p

Of coarse it is not ment to be taken seriously. I was just board and typed out EVERY LAST DETAIL that I noticed was wrong.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Finiksa said:
This images in the original post are dead. Would anyone who kept a copy care to mirror them?

They really weren't that great...

No point. It was basically Tiger with some bits highlighted and other bits faded out...

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
Killyp said:
No point. It was basically Tiger with some bits highlighted and other bits faded out...
I assumed as much, but I've just read 3 pages of this thread and I'd like to know what people are discussing. This thread and the MR page 2 posting may as well be deleted without them.

sord

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
Look at the last picture - the finder has all of its buttons except for one pushed in / highlighted. Faked and a stupid idea at that.

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
SiliconAddict said:

You're exactly right, SiliconAddict.

Tommyg117

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully they update iChat a lot. I find it to be inferior for actual instant messaging to AIM. For video it can't be beat, but I just prefer things like animated buddy icons and other options that iChat doesn't supply without a plugin.

theappleguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
I really hope Apple doesn't get rid of the curved corners on windows like they have with the iLife applications.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Tommyg117 said:
Hopefully they update iChat a lot. I find it to be inferior for actual instant messaging to AIM. For video it can't be beat, but I just prefer things like animated buddy icons and other options that iChat doesn't supply without a plugin.

I would like the option for larger icons/tars in iChat, addressbook and mail. Peoples pictures are too small for me now my screen is higher res.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
Maybe it is just me, or aren't each of the things discussed in the initial posting extremely likely updates for 10.5? I mean, almost every previous update has provided us with incremental updates to all of those programs.

Additionally, We should really be expecting something more like the iLife and iWork 06 Apps as they all have a new UI design completely doing away with the brushed metal look for a "liquid metal" look.

I would not be surprised if we were to see something very much like those when we do have the 10.5 preview in two days.

While it does look like these images are fakes (things just do not line up [literally and figuratively]), I do think that we should get used to those kinds of things.

Sure, some of them may not be pretty at the moment, but then again, neither was the developer preview of Tiger.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
OK, no kidding they are fake.

Either way, I think this is a great list of features. Very creative.

There are a lot of things there I would love to have in Leopard. Game changing functionality.

I hope Apple blows us away. Utterly blows us away.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
Update

For those who have not noticed that the story has been updated:

Update: For various reasons, MacRumors and our readers have many doubts about the authenticity of the screenshots. Due to the rising skepticism, readers should be aware that our Page 2 post regarding Steve Jobs' keynote details was from the same source that sent the photographs, which thus casts doubt on the claims made in that post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.