Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMaverick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I loaded leopard on my 12" PB, 1.5 GHZ and 1.25 GB ram, and it is running very poorly. It's quite choppy, distorts video content streamed online, and overall i'd say doesn't work as well as had expected. I'm thinking that I'm going to reload Tiger back on to my machine. Leopards great otherwise, really cool, a lot of new tools to make things quite a bit easier.

Has anyone else encountered these problems on their G4's?

newfoundglory

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Did an upgrade install on my Mac mini G4 1.5Ghz / 1GB RAM .... everything runs faster... Safari, Spotlight.... no issues with graphics at all.

I have found a few networking bugs, which can bring the system to its knees.... apart from that no probs.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
My wife has the exact same model 12" PB (1.5 GHz with 1.25 GB of RAM) and it's running great on hers. It's actually more responsive than when it was running Tiger. We did an archive and install when we upgraded it to Leopard last week. So honestly I have no clue why it would be running poorly on yours, hopefully you'll get it straightened out.

stuff99

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
My wife has the exact same model 12" PB (1.5 GHz with 1.25 GB of RAM) and it's running great on hers. It's actually more responsive than when it was running Tiger. We did an archive and install when we upgraded it to Leopard last week. So honestly I have no clue why it would be running poorly on yours, hopefully you'll get it straightened out.

did you guys do a clean install?

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Same Powerbook here. Clean-installed Leopard. I find it more responsive. The only glitches I see are the lack of responsiveness/jitteriness of the dock icons, but I think that is a rampant thing that many people are experiencing.

Other than that and some general Leopard gripes, I'm happy with my PB's performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.