Leopard on Rosetta?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Collin128, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Collin128 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm a first time poster after just reading for a while now [I like to watch ;)] .

I thought that I would point out an interesting connection between the pending release of Leopard and a NEW Rosetta. This one comes from a proven source, nature.

"The leopard is most easily recognised by its rosette patterened coat and extremely long, darker tail."

SOURCE: http://ds.dial.pipex.com/agarman/leopard.htm

I think that this is a clear indication that the release of Leopard OS X will coincide with the release of a new Rosetta designed to run previously incompatible Apple PRO programs on a new line of Macs.

Also, I think that this new information uncovers the fact that one of Steve Jobs' promised "secret features" of Leopard will be a USB/Firewire powered security device 3 feet in length that will swat away unwanted users (kid brother/sister, parents, bratty kids, etc...). This device can be guided by the built in camera for automatic detection or it can be controlled remotely via a VNC connection.

One final note, the average life span of a Leopard is 12-17 years, I think this is a clear indicator that OS X 10.5 might be around for a while.

I hope I am not reposting this, I searched but did not find any similar articles.

Collin
    Stuck on XP :(

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nice try, except Intel doesn't have a chipset named Rosetta; Rosetta is PowerPC emulation software built in to the current Mac OS X.

Are you thinking of perhaps Santa Rosa? ;)

And LOL at the rest of the post.

3. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

More like for the whole post :D So bad, I know.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Wow, someone has quite the imaginative mind! There is no reason to believe that the lifespan of a real Leopard and the Mac OS with the same codename will be the same. I do enjoy the hype of new OS X releases (I've seen many of them). But let's keep our shots in the dark in the ballpark here. As for a new Rosetta for Leopard I'm sure there will be some adjustments done, but ultimately not necessarily a "Secret Feature".

Sorry kid.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

lol, nice try kiddo.....at least someone is having fun ;)

6. Simon Liquid macrumors regular

Other secret feature.

In other news, Leopard will be able to grasp an animal twice its weight in its jaws and drag it into a tree.

7. iSavant macrumors regular

other secret feature

Leopard, Schlepard!

Leopard must have some sort of stealth mode or cloaking device ;)

The lack of real news (even credible leaks) is amazing to me.

Meanwhile... this real live Tiger rocks!

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Bravo. Hahaha

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

well tigers have a lifespan of like 14 years sooooooooo might be a while before we see leopard lol

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Your lack of research, and inability to make your post by the April 1st deadline should get you slapped until your wallet falls out of your pocket.

Of course, the mods could just impose a $20 penalty for posting late instead.