Leopard Screenshot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by colindunn, Nov 14, 2006.

1. colindunn macrumors newbie

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

some awesome shot (for one not being there)! lol remember last time someone claimed to have leopard pics.....just a thought since this is a newbie

no disrespect but someone released a virus/trojan horse thingy claiming to have leopard pics

3. colindunn thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i know. sorry i forgot to attach a link. problem fixed.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Could be, probably isn't though. Can't quite figure out how that Finder works....

I'm going to call "fake, but a nicely done fake."

5. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

6. BengalDuck macrumors regular

Looks fake to me. But it is nicely done. It also looks very very similar to Tiger.

7. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Looks nice, but note there is no 'th' after 13 in the date, and unless it's on 24 hour time, no 'AM' or 'PM' after the time. Who doesn't have an airport or bluetooth icon on their menu bar?

And I doubt Apple would like you to have a windows hard drive icon with a giant windows icon on top of it.

What's the point of having that little sidebar stick out of the finder window?

The tabs on Safari look cool though.

8. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

fakity fake... and rather creepy that all these people are going through the trouble to create screenshots of a product that doesn't exist yet...

9. ickystay macrumors regular

Um, anyone else instinctively try to move the scroll bar in the fake finder?

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

The scroll bar is misaligned :rolleyes: Also how the two drive icons in the side bar (that Apple has already dropped from most apps) :rolleyes: look over complicated and too bold. Its all about being subtle. Also the 'grips' at the bottom left look too feint?

Fake!

11. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Continuing that thought, not everybody puts Boot Camp on their systems, and I would guesstimate that hardly anybody does outside of the geek world, and not even everybody within it does. Plus the point of a Mac is still to not be Winodws... so I highly doubt Apple is going to give Boot Camp and Windows all this high-priority real estate within the Finder.

Every Leopard screenshot I see with stuff like this automatically looks fake, and screams "wishful thinking" by some geeky dude.. which, I suppose, would be the only demographic of people who are actually making these screenshots..

12. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

quite nice and clean, fake, yes lol, the popout sidebar on finder is a bit silly, it kind of an essential part of the finder so it would be popped out permanently

13. xper macrumors 6502

xper

That popout thing on the finder would be pretty huge if a user have a Mac Pro with 4 internal drives and a couple of external drives.
    No that thing would not work in every configuration so the finder will most likely not look like that.

14. dopey220 macrumors 6502

dopey220

I hope it's real, because tabbed finder windows is something I've wanted since I switched a couple years ago.

15. todd2000 macrumors 68000

It has to be fake, non of the Developer releases have included an updated Finder. They all look exactly the same as Tiger. So if it was real (which it's not) it would have to be a leak from Cupertino, which is highly unlikely. I do however hope they have tabbed finder windows in Leopard.

16. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Strange, that's exactly how I predicted the UI on Leopard would be. It's probably fake, but I hope it's true.

17. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

WTF is up with the Spotlight search field? It's like, 40 pixels out from the side of the Finder window.

Fake, methinks. Those scroll bars are just placeholders in iTunes until Apple releases Leopard IMO.

EDIT: Plus apple wouldn't make the Safari Widget button a completely different colour, would they? Just looks wierd...

18. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

i don't have an airport or bluetooth icon on my iMac G5

19. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I'm just thinking if it were leaked from Cupertino that Apple wouldn't put out any images of a mac desktop without the airport and bluetooth menu items.

20. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

That's what it's looked like in the Leopard builds released so far.

21. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

And heavily emphasised during the leopard preview at the keynote speech.

22. besler3035 macrumors 6502

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that:

- The fonts look different in the Finder and Safari titles and tabs
    - The Aqua style is still being used for buttons in the Finder and Safari, while the scrollbars are the new iTunes 7 style (inconsistency)
    - The sidebar in Finder isn't that light blue color that you find in Mail or any of the iLife apps.
    - "Items" at the bottom of the finder window starts with a capital I; in Tiger it is all lowercase.
    - The scrollbars don't seem to fit the rest of the window exactly (with color at the top being too light).
    - The status bar in Safari is WAY too big.

That's about it. Definitely a fake. Good mockup though, and I hope Leopard ends up using the new iTunes 7 and Mail styles and be consistent throughout their interface!

23. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It's a fake, there's no PM or AM after the time. It's not uniform throughout and there are missing items on the menu bar. And why the heck would the windows hard drive have a huge windows flag on it? If anything it would be a flag like the bootcamp one.

24. colindunn thread starter macrumors newbie

I confess...

Alright well I confess, I made it. Just wanted to see the kind of reaction I would get.

But, although you pointed out several valid points, there are a few that are wrong oh wise ones. Lets start at the top.

Umm well that is actually unaltered. My current clock looks exactly like that, and it is not in military time. No AM/PM? Really? That is a simple option that can be turned on and off.

Huh? Your eyes are playing tricks. Scroll bars are all 100% vertical. No angel here.

Yes this is true, but I was operating on the assumption that this would be part of the 'Top Secret' features. A redesigned finder has been under discussion.

I dont. Simplicity is key.

Ehh! Wrong! The exact same size as the current one. Dur.

Ehh! Wrong again! The scrollbars are all the same color.

Well good job for those who spotted the CORRECT inconsistencies.

All for now,
    Colin