Leopard Spaces/Expose on Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by barr08, Aug 24, 2006.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Hey I was just watching a video of spaces and expose being used in leopard, and I was thinking about how cool it would be if you had a dual screen setup, and when using spaces, one desktop was on one screen and the other was on the second screen. I guess it would kind of defeat the purpose of having spaces, but it still might be handy.

2. projectle macrumors 6502

Spaces would be very nice if one could use dual monitors...

What I would love is Dual monitors running Spaces where both monitors can independantly pull up a separate spaces window from the same pool of windows...

So, you have 4 spaces (TL, TR, BL, BR).
    Go to the Left Monitor, press F8 and then select TR.
    Go to the Right Monitor, press F8 and then choose BL.

That would be far more useful that using spaces than if it were to use the spaces with a resolution of 3360x1050.

3. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Yeah! Thats what i was talking about! It seems like that would be pretty useful, maybe dedicate 2 spaces per screen, makes it less confusing.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I tried using a virtual desktop app with my dual screen set up (iMac Core Duo and Dell 2005FPW) and I uninstalled it. Maybe it wasn't as elegant as spaces but I already had more space than I needed.

But that doesn't mean others won't find it useful.

5. B. McKechnie macrumors member

6. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

You actually for a current virtual desktop app working on dual desktops? :eek: I tried and they all crash! Good for apple for making spaces work on more than one monitor.... just hope it doesnt somehow decrease the productivity of it...