Leopard "splash screen" How to change?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by zagato27, Jan 19, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

zagato27

Probably not the most descriptive thread title. This is what I want to do. I'm running Leopard on a G5. I have three "users", so when I boot up or awake you see the screen with the three user "profiles" to click on and log in. The background screen is a "star burst" looking screen which I would like replace with a photo. Can this be done? How? If it's easy and just a matter of finding a file and replacing it I can do it however if it involves Terminal I'll just live with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers

2. macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

So, you want to change the background image BEHIND the log on window?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

zagato27

Yes, exactly.

4. macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

5. macrumors 6502

Is there's an alternative way to do this in Tiger?

I'd like to change mine but my default desktop isn't located there. In fact, I can not find it anywhere.

6. macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

There is...ive done it however don't remember how. Instead i found another piece of software that can do it. THis time for free I think

http://keakaj.com/visage.htm

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

zagato27

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

zagato27

Am trying this. Freeware for 7 days then limited in total abilities. It's $10 to register so we'll see. Tried to use Terminal but couldn't get it to work...wish I was more of a geek. But this did work. Hope the reduced abilities will allow me to change the login background screen. Check back in a week or so. Cheers

9. macrumors member

All you have to do is rename the Aqua Blue wallpaper to something else, and put another image in its place.

10. macrumors 68040

KingYaba

^ What he said

Attached Files:

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

zagato27

Well, my 7 day free trial ended today and darn if the one feature I wanted (ability to change the background on the login screen in Leopard) was disabled. Ok, I'm not a geek and I did try and use terminal to change the background screen per instructions on the net but just couldn't get it to work. Sooooo, bit the bullet and forked over $9.95 actually I had a $4 credit on my account os really $5. I'm happy, it was worth it. Guess I'll have to check out all the other features of the Visage software and see what they do. Cheers