Leopard Video?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rooey, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Rooey macrumors member

Apr 7, 2004
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Hmm... interesting. I wonder if it's real or fake.

If it's real, the tabbed Finder feature seems easy enough to implement, given that it uses the same tab widget that Safari uses.

If it's fake, it's a pretty darn good fake!
  3. dsnort macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2006
    In persona non grata
  4. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    Did you see the iPod Mobile OS X and the Nokia Phone Mobile OS X too?? Both very cool, but of course, could be faked. Who knows. It's only 15 hours until WWDC. Let's try to remain at peace until then. ;) Ha, in other words, we'll know soon enough!
  5. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    hahaha, i just found it too, was about to post a thread.... grr you beat me.

It would be hard to fake that "leopard preview"... or would it?

im about to check out that other video
  6. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006

woah... i'd buy that anyday. I think thats harder to fake, as it shows someone using it.
  7. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006
  8. EMKoper macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2002
    Stafford, VA
    ... feels like one of those "big foot" or "Loch Ness monster" videos where the person running the camera can't seem to focus on anything for any useful amount of time and keeps moving the camera around--almost erratically! Why would someone go through the time and the hassle and risk of documenting it only to do it in such a poor/low quality manner?
  9. projectle macrumors 6502

Oct 11, 2005
    Absolutely faked.

Allow me to explain...

Boot Camp and a screenshot of the desktop. No animated content whatsoever and you can only see the system preferences from the inside (no title bars). That could just be a picture in a viewer.

Then, there are a couple windows icons on the desktop (in the normal XP desktop places over the OS X background)

Completely fake.
  10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    That's just someone who made a video of osx and moved it to his ipod and then timed the motions with his pen
  11. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Apr 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I agree. That has to be faked.
  12. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Don't forget about this video. If these are real, we are about to enter a brand new era.

If true:
    • Instead of manufacturing its own iPhone, Apple has entered into strategic partnerships with existing cell phone manufacturers.
    • Apple has ported MacOS X to processors used in the iPod, cell phones, and PDAs.
    • The mantra Apple is a hardware company is no longer true.
    • Apple has opened a full frontal assault on Microsoft.
    • Palm and PalmOS, I think we have a problem.
    • When Steve Jobs smiled and said: "We have options," we didn't know the half of it.
    if true.
  13. projectle macrumors 6502

Oct 11, 2005
    As far as the second video goes, you can create a skin for nokia phones (just a set of PNG files (icons and backgrounds).

As for the first one, it seems a bit like a video running on a normal iPod Video.

I doubt that Apple would go through the trouble to integrate a touchscreen in a 3 inch screen, although that is always possible.

So, second is an outright fake(ish)... You can do it, but it is not what they claim it is.

First is impossible to determine.