Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hmm... interesting. I wonder if it's real or fake.

If it's real, the tabbed Finder feature seems easy enough to implement, given that it uses the same tab widget that Safari uses.

If it's fake, it's a pretty darn good fake!

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Did you see the iPod Mobile OS X and the Nokia Phone Mobile OS X too?? Both very cool, but of course, could be faked. Who knows. It's only 15 hours until WWDC. Let's try to remain at peace until then. ;) Ha, in other words, we'll know soon enough!

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
hahaha, i just found it too, was about to post a thread.... grr you beat me.

It would be hard to fake that "leopard preview"... or would it?

im about to check out that other video

EMKoper

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
Orlando, FL
Willis said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMbWbRoxNQ

theres another... bit more interesting i believe...
... feels like one of those "big foot" or "Loch Ness monster" videos where the person running the camera can't seem to focus on anything for any useful amount of time and keeps moving the camera around--almost erratically! Why would someone go through the time and the hassle and risk of documenting it only to do it in such a poor/low quality manner?

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
Absolutely faked.

Allow me to explain...

Boot Camp and a screenshot of the desktop. No animated content whatsoever and you can only see the system preferences from the inside (no title bars). That could just be a picture in a viewer.

Then, there are a couple windows icons on the desktop (in the normal XP desktop places over the OS X background)

Completely fake.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
dsnort said:
If you think that's wild, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9teB3cgZGcw&NR

(And the Newtonians go wild!!!!!):D

If that has any credibility to it at all, I'm going to be needing a home equity loan!
Don't forget about this video. If these are real, we are about to enter a brand new era.

If true:
  • Instead of manufacturing its own iPhone, Apple has entered into strategic partnerships with existing cell phone manufacturers.
  • Apple has ported MacOS X to processors used in the iPod, cell phones, and PDAs.
  • The mantra Apple is a hardware company is no longer true.
  • Apple has opened a full frontal assault on Microsoft.
  • Palm and PalmOS, I think we have a problem.
  • When Steve Jobs smiled and said: "We have options," we didn't know the half of it.
if true.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
As far as the second video goes, you can create a skin for nokia phones (just a set of PNG files (icons and backgrounds).

As for the first one, it seems a bit like a video running on a normal iPod Video.

I doubt that Apple would go through the trouble to integrate a touchscreen in a 3 inch screen, although that is always possible.

So, second is an outright fake(ish)... You can do it, but it is not what they claim it is.

First is impossible to determine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.