Leopard Vs. Longhorn

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GodBless, Jun 25, 2005.

1. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

I think that Longhorn will try to catch up to Tiger and Leopard will take the OS one generation further.

I am sure that Longhorn will have some innovation that Leopard won't have but for the most part I think that Leopard will be far ahead of Longhorn in many ways.

What do you think?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Since all that we know about Leopard is its name and rough release date, you're not going to get a lot of in-depth discussion.

Longhorn will have some tricks that Macs don't yet have - the Media Center version is one example of that already.

I'm sure that Apple will come up with some clever Leopard trick that we don't know we need yet as they did with Exposé and for the average consumer (who wasn't aware of Konfabulator) Dashboard and Spotlight.

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

I for one would love it if Apple bought Skype and made it compatible with iChat, or just renamed it. This would be so great since so many people are starting to use Skype in the Windows world, and imagine being able to VoIP with OS X...

Leopard will have some cool things but what I'd really like Apple to do is polish the OS. Give me a better Trash, a better Finder, a better fax function, a better burn function and integrate Backup into the OS.
    If they did that I'd buy Leopard in a second and it would blow Longhorn out of the water... but it already does so pointless comparison.