Discussion in 'macOS' started by KarlEdmunds, Sep 6, 2006.

1. KarlEdmunds macrumors member

Apr 12, 2006

I got myself a second hand MacBook yesterday and it's lovely :) looks great next to my 20" iMac (I want a 24" now :( but that can wait).

Anyway, with the release of Leopard on the horizon I was wondering what the deal is with purchasing two licenses, is it possible to get it cheaper than the price of two full licences.

I know you can buy a family pack, however I'm a student and from what I can see there are no family packs under the student store.

£116 to upgrade both systems is great (assuming leopard price = tiger price) but it's still a lot for me, especially with the money I have spent on apple products this year:eek: I'm sure I will want to extend the warranty on my macs too which will be a fair whack when the time comes.

Any ideas?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    You could check your university's bookstore, but chances are they'll be the same price as the Apple edu store.
  3. KarlEdmunds thread starter macrumors member

Apr 12, 2006
    My university have some deal with Microsoft which allows me to download XP SP2 for free, Visual Studio for £9 and some other great deals.

Maybe Apple could do something similar:D
  4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Mar 24, 2005
    A religiously oppressed state
    You could buy a family pack license (5 licenses) for 200USD versus 260USD for 2 regular licenses.