Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagshay1818

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Could Apple sue for someone selling a Apple product with Leopard installed on it.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
depends, they won't sue if:
1. you are authorized seller
2. you only sell 3 machines
3. you are friend of Jobs
4. You are friend of Jon Roberts
....lol, follow the money, if they can't get you pay them more than they pay lawyer, they won't bother

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
I'm going to make an assumption here: you have a Mac that you put the Leopard beta on and now you are selling it. My question is why not format the drive before selling it to make sure all your personal information is erased?

In general, I think clevin is right, Apple won't sue you if they aren't going to make a profit doing so.

georgi0

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2006
Cyberspace
dual OS X

ok let's say i get a new macbook now with tiger on, and let's say that someone give's me an illegal copy of Leopard.

is there a way to have them both installed in my MAC?
will any program like parallel and bootcamp work here?

also, is there a way that Steve won't find out about it?? :D

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
nagshay1818 said:
Could Apple sue for someone selling a Apple product with Leopard installed on it.
You can't sell a machine with leopard on it,
1. Leopard hasn't been released
2. the developer version is not leopard it is a preview
3. you couldn't advertise it as having leopard installed because it doesn't
4. the developer version may be buggy

nagshay1818

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Once I have a significant number of post, I plan to post my MacBook Pro up for sale in the marketplace forum. If I advertised it as MacBook Pro with Leopard preview that shouldn't be any form of copyright infringement should it? Also, what about posting it on eBay as a MacBook Pro with Leopard?

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
nagshay1818 said:
Once I have a significant number of post, I plan to post my MacBook Pro up for sale in the marketplace forum. If I advertised it as MacBook Pro with Leopard preview that shouldn't be any form of copyright infringement should it? Also, what about posting it on eBay as a MacBook Pro with Leopard?
If you do it at all do it on eBay, you'll probably get your thread locked here, maybe even banned.

nagshay1818

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
No that isn't my computer. That was just a computer I searched that had Leopard pre-installed on it. I have a MacBook Pro not a PowerBook.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
nagshay1818 said:
Anyone who sells his copy of Leopard preview is violating his NDA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.