Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Leo's Fortune, an Apple Design Award Winner at WWDC 2014, is now available on the Mac App Store for $6.99. Leo's Fortune HD, also available on Steam, delivers the same popular iPhone and iPad platform adventure gameplay on Mac.

Leo's Fortune is a platform adventure game where you hunt down the cunning and mysterious thief that stole your gold. Beautifully hand-crafted levels bring the story of Leo to life in this epic adventure.

"I just returned home to find all my gold has been stolen! For some devious purpose, the thief has dropped pieces of my gold like breadcrumbs through the woods. Despite this pickle of a trap, I am left with no choice but to follow the trail. Whatever lies ahead, I must recover my fortune." -Leopold
Leo's Fortune HD was developed by Swedish indie studio 1337 & Senri in partnership with Tilting Point. The game is available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, PlayStation 4, Windows, OS X and Xbox One.

Article Link: Leo's Fortune Now Available on Mac App Store for $6.99

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Five promo codes to redeem Leo's Fortune HD for free on the Mac App Store.

All gone.
  1. AFXY4RX964WK
  2. 9W44PFWM9X4A
  3. 4H4ERMPA3H9H
  4. L4HML797XPWR
  5. AENKLEY9JYXL
If you are quick enough to redeem a code, please be courteous and post a quick reply with which code you took.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngerDanger

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Five promo codes to redeem Leo's Fortune HD for free on the Mac App Store.
  1. AFXY4RX964WK
  2. 9W44PFWM9X4A
  3. 4H4ERMPA3H9H
  4. L4HML797XPWR
  5. AENKLEY9JYXL
If you are quick enough to redeem a code, please be courteous and post a quick reply with which code you took.

They're all gone; I used the second code after trying the fifth. Perhaps modifying the original post using strike would prevent people from getting their hopes up. Thanks for the promos! :)

Last edited:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
wow! and promo codes too (I missed out but sweet nonetheless)

I too think it would be great on AppleTV!!!

love this game,

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
This is a ridiculously good game. Not just good iOS game, or good indie game, but good game period, by any standards.

I've been playing (and loving) 2D platformers since the first Super Mario Brothers on the original NES, and I really don't hesitate to say that Leo's Fortune is one of the smoothest, most entertaining, "alive feeling", pure-run-and-jump platformers I've ever played, period. It's that good.

The play control was amazingly responsive and precise even with a touchscreen (usually the bane of precision twitch-button-press gaming, in my experience), so it might even be that much better on the Mac.

If you like this kind of thing, you owe it to yourself to buy this in some form if you haven't already.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I've been playing this since getting a promo code yesterday, and I must say this game is good. Really, really good. Better than it has any right to be.

The graphics are gorgeous and reminiscent of a more detailed and atmospheric Super Mario Bros. Wii. They're a seamless combination of 2D and 3D that give a real sense of depth as you move along. As @Makosuke said, the controls are tight. Granted, I'm playing the desktop version, but they're responsive to the point that you become reliant on intuition to pass certain areas, especially those that would otherwise be tedious precise jumping sections. Overall, the game is incredibly endearing due to the fluffy, inflatable protagonist, lack of enemy NPCs, and sublime graphics.

If there's anything negative to say about Leo's Fortune - HD Edition, its that the overly-large menus and buttons clearly point to it being developed for mobile devices first. Also, it uses left, right, and down buttons for the respective motions but then uses space to jump, which is slightly awkward albeit typical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessica Lares

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
This is a ridiculously good game. Not just good iOS game, or good indie game, but good game period, by any standards.

I've been playing (and loving) 2D platformers since the first Super Mario Brothers on the original NES, and I really don't hesitate to say that Leo's Fortune is one of the smoothest, most entertaining, "alive feeling", pure-run-and-jump platformers I've ever played, period. It's that good.

The play control was amazingly responsive and precise even with a touchscreen (usually the bane of precision twitch-button-press gaming, in my experience), so it might even be that much better on the Mac.

If you like this kind of thing, you owe it to yourself to buy this in some form if you haven't already.

Have you tried Rayman Origin or Legends? I consider Legends to be the best 2D platformer of all time. Super Meatboy is also excellent.

This game looks good. I will probably buy it on Steam, so that I can have a cross-platform copy.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
This is an incredible game - the graphics, storyline, atmosphere, music and sounds. Very immersive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.