Less Than 2 Weeks And No Wii Ads?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Nov 5, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Has anyone seen any? PS3 has started to show their commercials. I want to see what kind of ads Nintendo comes up with.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I haven't seen any commericals, but on Good Morning America the building they sit in front of has the Wii logo on it.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The only adverts I see here at all are (or were) 360 and more recently DS Lite adverts. especially around Manchester. Seen more than enough DS Lite adverts floating around. even on video displays! If any system needs advertising it isn't the DS!

4. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Isn't that like right next to Nintendo World? It probably is Nintendo World. I was just there this yesterday, I'm not sure which of those news shows air there. I think it was NBC... But they're both in Rockefeller center.

5. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I've seen several paper adverts., but no commercials... yet.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I've just started seeing PS3 adds(all of them are VERY weird!) along with a step up in DS ads and 360 ads

7. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Retailers are starting to put Wii and PS3 in their weekly ads that go in the news paper. I think that both of their strategies are good. Nintendo is letting the Wii get both word of mouth buzz and buzz from the press, such as the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, USA Today, etc. It's free press and it's more creditable than just ads. Sony is doing the same. Especially with eBay talk everywhere. They don't really need to advertise, you know they are all going to be gone. Then it will be on eBay. It will then go into the news. There again, it's free advertising.

It's just like the 1984 Mac Super Bowl commercial. Yay for free press.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I figured Wii would be advertising like crazy. A lot of people i know haven't even heard of it! And they will actually have systems available, unlike another company *coughsonycough* so they should be pumping it like crazy to max those sales.

9. Malus macrumors 6502

I dont think it needs advertisments...from everything on the internet, to the magazines...I dunno maybe its just me.

Then again...Apple doesn't release ads on tv til the item is released...like the new nanos. I didnt see a commercial for that til I saw it on apple store.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That's not an actual advertisement and not produced by Nintendo and has been posted on this board in seven seperate threads already.

11. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

And now it's 8.

I want to see some official commercials from Nintendo, they are due for some. I've seen the PS3 one a few times tonite watching the Sunday lineup on FOX.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know not everyone reads magazines or newspapers, but just after the press conference in London every paper and magazine I read had gleaming articles on it. The one in Live even got my mum to go and pre-order one! now that's crazy to say shes a non-gamer. Although it's generally seen as "The new Nintendo machine", everyone knows Playstation because they simply add a number to the end of the name. One foolish mate of mine though the slimline PS2 was going to be the PS3 :D I asked him to add £350 to the price and you'd have a real PS3.

I suppose we've never had much in the way of adverts. Individual games yea, but not consoles. Apart from the pointless 360 ones which didn't really explain anything.

13. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

OMG! Really! Could have fooled me! Had me sold the whole time.

Lighten up bud ...

Kevin

14. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I've seen no Wii marketting in any mass media outlets (newspaper, magazines, etc). I've been looking for them, too.

15. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Funny and surprisingly true, my ex-roommate and best friend in L.A. just worked on a closed set for Nintendo [he's a sound guy] on a Wii commercial a week ago. Unfortunately he said he didn't get to see the Wii in action as any game previews in the commercial are going to be done in post on a blue screen.

He also said that the Wii was shipped with guards and the "whole nine" for safety and security reasons.

He also mentioned that the kid in the commercial looked like he had never swung a bat before and looked quite pathetic when imitating it for a baseball/tennis game. :D

So yes, there will be commercials comming out, but I'm not sure of the time frame of post production for a commercial. Probably just before or after the release date of the Wii.

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

hehe i guess i would look similiar stupid... when i think about it i swung a baseball bat once or twice in school sport (we had 2 bats but no baseballs or gloves ... we used tennis balls since they were cheaper ...actually we also used tennis rackets for playing baseball since nobody was able to hit them)

it could be worse.. i couldn't pretend to play american football to save my life

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Man I thought all of those ads on the wii site was the final ads...I havent seen anything about the wii except the games. Nintendo world in NYC is all hyped up about it though and some people just don't give a rats arse.

Bless

18. NeXTCube macrumors member

Not much Wii action here, either

The "Holiday" catalogs have started to hit the scene around here. Toys-R-Us has at least shown the Wii in their ads, but they have nothing in the store as of last week (I have a four-year-old and a two-year-old, so Toys-R-Us is a frequent stop). Sears' catalog has the Xbox 360, PS2 and the DS, but nothing on the PS3 or Wii.