Lesson 1: What Goes Around, Comes Around

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Feb 5, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan

Well, well. They finally noticed. A stark illustration of the damage done to world security by this Administration's incompetence and arrogance in foreign affairs.
  2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Was there ever any doubt? This whole Iraq debacle has been a classic example of how not to handle international affairs. And yes, ironically it's put the U.S. and the U.N. in a much weaker position in dealing with Iran.
  3. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    You hear this stuff Democrats? This is what will give you your national security credentials back -- exposing this administration for the problems the Iraq war has caused.

Had you asked Americans before March 2003 if removing Saddam for humanitarian purposes was worth it if it allowed Iran and North Korea time to develop their own nuclear programs, support for the war would have been near zero.
  4. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    You'd think more people would realize this. Because of our incompetence with the war in Iraq, we have become the boy who cried wolf. Prime for attack, pissing dangerous groups off, most of our allies have turned their backs on us (and who can blame them), most of our enemies are afraid of us for all the wrong reasons, and over half the country doesn't believe a word Bush and Co say. Even if Iran was a threat, and I actually think it is (at least now it is, we actually made things worse with them), we're in no place to do anything about it. Especially with most of our military indisposed at the moment.

I know I feel safer, but I guess that's the point.