let it snow let it snow let it snow...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Nov 18, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

bloody hell... it's only mid November and I'm stuck in a blizzard!! :eek: :D

looks like those weather guru's were right then! :)

is it snowing anywhere else in blighty??

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Lucky bastard - I'm here in Indiana and its 64° F - not right for the middle of November.

So no pics?

Have fun,

D

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

it's dark here so no pictures I'm afraid, we're on some country road in warwickshire at the moment, the traffic is pretty much at a halt....

but the joys of technology mean I can be here with you all tonight from my lady's car, which incidentally has one of those flash TV's in the dash... but it stops working as soon as the car moves... :rolleyes:

snow in november... corking! :D

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Just been driving home from London, car said it was 10 degrees, no where near snow weater :(

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

I don't know about that - I rather enjoy a 60° F (15° C) day here in Chicago in November. Perhaps more so if it weren't raining, but nothing's perfect...

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But I'm waiting for a nice snow and for the lake to freeze - we've been living in DC for 10+ years before this and we'd only get a couple good winter seasons (although a couple years ago was pretty good).

And I used to love going to Alaska in the winter as well - so I don't mind the cold :D

D

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

I suppose it's inevitable - I also enjoy sledding with the kids, etc. I just hate driving around in the stuff and having to dress like I'm going skiing just to walk the dogs.

8. *Y* macrumors regular

Men I wish it would snow already in Virginia already. When it snows somehow the outside temperature doesn't seem as cold.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

We get very little snow in Atlanta, Georgia.
    If anything, we get an ice storm occasionally that paralyzes everything.

Enjoy the white stuff, snow that is!

10. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    up in notts here been snowing for the past 2 hours

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's 60º F here in Ohio. Almost shirtsleeve weather.

And I just saw an iceberg float by.

12. Blackstealth macrumors regular

It's pretty much stopped now here, but as I was driving home at 5 the thermometer on the car was reading outside temp as 3degC whilst the snow came down merrily...

13. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

For a few hours here.

Settled on the ground but the roads are still too warm for it settle.

14. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I wish it snowed more here in Texas. I sucks never having built a real snowman (but i did make a ice/snow/sleet man), or having a snowball fight (insead of ice/snow/sleet ball fights). I can't wait to get into college and move north. I love the cold weather...

15. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

As Mr. Anderson says, the DC/Baltimore Metro isn't the best place for snow. It's not anywhere near cold enough yet, even. But I've got high hopes for this winter, as I do for every winter. You never know. :)

My love of snow probably stems from the fact that I don't have to drive in it: I can always take the bus to work if I can't get my car out, and if the bus doesn't run, I don't go to work. Of course, that particular bus line is a Snow Emergency route, so it would have to be a record-breaking snowstorm for me NOT to be able to get to work.

That, and snow happens so rarely here that we nearly always got out of school for it, so it still creates a holiday feeling.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No snow here... currently 19 C outside. I'm thinking we'll be having Turkey day on the beach in shorts again this year. Maybe even Xmas. :cool:

17. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Officially we had 4.1" of snow on Saturday November 13th. It was a surprise, only expecting a dusting. I live south west area of Boston, we usually get more than at Logan Airport. Think we has at least 5" if no more. This week it has been the 50's. Sad to say it's gone. Predictions are that we are in for a cold winter with a lot of snow. :)

19. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

'round here, it was as deep as my middle finger is long. :D (That means about 5-5.5" ;))

20. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Yeah, I went to college in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We got an average of 300" of snow every year (7.62 meters for the metrically inclined). I thought I was sick of snow so I took a job in Texas. Now I find I miss snow. The annual ice storms aren't quite the same.

21. garybUK Guest

garybUK

We had a ton of snow up ere in t'north a few roads are shut going over the tops (Pennines) Snake Pass, Woodhead Pass & Holmfirth Road.

Trouble is you get the morons on the road that see something white falling from the sky and slow down to 15 mph.

Anyway i hope we have a white christmas!

22. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

When I hear snow and London at the moment I think - oh great I'm going to be outside the Apple store and at the macexpo......poo.
    However it looks brighter outside at the moment although a little cold - actually its brass monkey weather outside (v.cold) but it should be warmer in London I hope.

23. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

It snowed at my place last night and it's still on the grass this morning. The roads are clear. I think we're about as far south as it got as as I came into London on the train there was no snow about 10 miles further south.

Still it's pretty damn cold. The 48-hour forecast is here. Looks like light sleet around opening time at the store :(

24. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Some of us are still impatiently awaiting the first snow of the season.

25. Colonel Panik macrumors regular

Here in Innsbruck we had snow in September. I remember taking a stunned visitor from Denmark through snow.

Anyway, bodes well for the coming skiing season!

As Duffman would say... Oh yeah!