Let it snow!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

WOO! I went to bed at 3am so I was up at 11am. I open my curtains... SNOW! How the hell we got snow in november I dont know. We usually get it late December but not usually now so yea! I STILL DONT HAVE A BLEEDIN MEMORY CARD FOR MY OWN CAMERA because Pixmania are the worst company in existence, perhaps next to the Nazi party, and Noel Edmund's theme park.

[​IMG]

Anyone else in the UK getting snow? If it hit Saddleworth then it must be all over the country!

2. iGav macrumors G3

Not yet. :( something's very, very wrong when Devon and Cornwall get snowed in though. :eek:

I'm moving north for the month of December, so hopefully that might improve my chances. :D

3. dcv macrumors G3

Not in London, thankfully. I don't like snow.

4. Lau Guest

Not in Bath either. :( But, the sky is looking decidedly peaky, and I thought it was going to rain, but maybe it will snow. Oooooooooh! You've got my hopes up now....

5. garybUK Guest

garybUK

It's been snowing all morning here in the City Centre of Manchester. Quite heavily at times... and oh! it's started again! :)

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You think it's weird getting snow in November up there, we got snow in our mountains today - now that's just crazy!!!

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Ashton was a bit of a letdown. maybe its because I was in the centre, thus lots of slush. Its beautiful on the tops :) Delph is just amazing and from Scouthead all you can see are rolling hills of white. There are kids sledging on the hill behind our house turning the snow into a mudbath most likely

8. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Snows great but only where it's supposed to be: on top of mountains for me to go snowboarding on. Fortunately it's looking good in Austria for my 2 week Christmas break :)

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

That's cool. I was up in Michigan for Christmas visiting my wife's parents and My grandparents and aunt. It snowed about 4 inches or so while we were up there, so I had my first white thanksgiving ever. (and I was colder than I've ever been -- wind chill was -1 on thanksgiving day). Im from georgia. We get snow once a year for 3 days. So seeing the snow was pretty neat for us.

10. iGary Guest

iGary

We got about half a foot in the Maryland mountains on Thanksgiving Day.

11. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Yeh and the little b*stards chucking snowballs at my car driving through stalybridge (finished work early at the same time the schools finished). :)

12. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Last year, one of my suite mates was chucking snowballs at passing autos. All in fun, most took it in the spirit of the day as it really should be. But, one person in his over size black truck pulls over, gets out with a Maglite (sp?) and threatens to beat the cr*p out of him. Needless to say nothing major happened though it could have turned nasty as my suite mate was a bit drunk. The Maglite guy was serious.

13. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Throwing stuff at big trucks tends to be a bad idea. Especially if the drivers are rednecks.

14. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

So lucky with your snow:D none yet in London,

Also i agree with your opinion on pixmania, don't even ask about my experiences.....

Shadow

15. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Yay! Snow! w00t!

Pretty picture. I hope that we get snow here in NJ soon, it's cold enough but, it just doesn't want to snow. It would be wonderful to get a few days off of school since we have hardly any days off to begin with ;)

16. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I was sort of hoping that the roomy would get hit just for his stupidity in arguing back/provoking at the person. I would have apologized and walked away. That is not a situation that would be worth getting smacked w/a flashlight.

17. Uma888 macrumors 6502

we had some in birmingham today, now its all frozen :p

18. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Does frost count? :eek: It was 28 degrees this morning! Burrrrrr!

yeah... we only get snow after the first of thhe year (if were lucky) :(

19. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Well, it's a snowing here in Bellingham. Started around 9 pm.

20. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

really? Sweet! I hope it starts in Seattle! :)

21. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

It's sort of strange. I don't recall it ever snowing in November/before the New Year in a long time. Today's snow won't close the Uni unfortunately. Meaning that I will have to stay up all night finishing a Design Project. :( :D (happy face means that I should be excited to work on the project)

22. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

haha... Uni meaning UW??? I live pretty close to there.

23. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Nope. Uni for me means Western Washington University. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, let us know if it starts snowing in Seattle.