Let the taunting begin!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Dreadnought, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Hi Guys,

Do we still taunt other teams that we will overtake in the (let's say) next 10 days??

Greetz Dreadnought

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I don't know - we usually get taunted when others pass us. Its best not to annoy, though. Taunting has had a tendency to come back and bite us in our arse.

D

3. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

You are absolutely right Mr. Anderson, but it is sooooo much fun! That was one of the reasons I started folding here, we had the best taunts, weren't so uptight like most of the forums here are now. We became much too serious. What happened? Did we got older and wiser... I really don't hope so!!

4. benpatient macrumors 68000

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You have until 11.25.05 Dreadnought... then... I'm passing you... :cool:

Oh wait! You mean taunt the rival teams... oh... nm. :D

6. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Guess again, I have 3 more WU's that I will turn in tonight. I always knew that panda's are slow, too slow... :D

edit: Taunt me, I insist! That makes folding sooo much more fun!

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Check out my average production (link) - it's been going up lately...but not high enough to eventually pass you, Dreadnought.

8. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Maybe you can overtake a Panda ;)

9. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I already have - I'm ranked 111th; SilentPanda is ranked 141st.

10. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Looks like our little Panda has some work to do! :D

11. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

*sniffle* I don't know what my deal is... for some reason my F@H clients just cease doing anything (process stops) on my P4... ah well... I conceed... for now... ;)

12. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

looks like the "Dreadnought" bug starts buggin! I already missed you in my rearscreen mirror.

13. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Was that comment intended for me, Dreadnought? I've been watching your daily production as well as my own very carefully...

14. Mustang Mac macrumors regular

Probably best to leave well enough alone. ;) Ask not what your folding can do for you, but what you can do for your folding!

15. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Why am I not surprised to see you come out of the woodwork for a thread about taunting. :rolleyes: :p

Good job on your team's continued advance through the ranks, BTW. :)

16. Mustang Mac macrumors regular

Call it a weakness. Besides, I've been hangin' out in the Dual 2.5 shipping thread. Got mine 11 days ago, now properly 'burned in' with folding. Sweet, sweet, silicon! Oh yes! The precious is mine! ;) Fold if ya got 'em!

17. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

No, more for Panda, you are unstoppable know, you outproduce me a lot! I will see you soon passing me... :mad:

disclaimer: I haven't checked the folding stat yet, so comments from me to others could be wrong! Therefore this source is not reliable and could NOT be hold accountable. Results from the past are no indication for the future.

18. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Well I was outproducing you by a lot, but my average has dropped back somewhat. I'm still ahead of you though. I'll probably get above 350 points per day again...just you wait.

EDIT 2: removed sound

19. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Ahum, yes, I can see that your battlesong will stop the ones folding you are planning to overtake. That must have been the most awfull thing I have ever heard!

I was going to send a much cooler sound file, but unfortunately it is 1 kb to big... You should hear that engine rumbling (recorded last weekend at Circuit Zandvoort, the Netherlands). The most beautifull sound in the world: a classic Ferrari that was warming up and waiting to go up the track.

Gentlemen Start your engines, we only have 5 more days to go out there and taunt! Make it worth while!

20. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yeah my sound file's a bit stupid - I ripped it from YMail (http://ymail.sourceforge.net). I'll take it down now.
    EDIT: I've put up a new one. It's far too big to attach so I'll link to it instead.

21. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Hmmmm, this sounds like... well I tell you how this sounds:

Every year a lot Germans go on holiday to The Netherlands (where I live). Every year you see them all at once, one week you don't see any, the next they have taken over the town, beach, shops, streets, they are everywhere. They all come at once. We always call it the German invasion. Your mp3 sounds to me if that is there song for on the "battle field", you here them come, you know they come, you know it is to late when you here that song.

Know I now, it is to late, to late to stop you, to late to outproduce you...
    But I have to warn you, the battle isn't over, not know, not ever, so come on and overtake me. Always look over your shoulder when you passed me, I won't be far... LOL

22. jbeetz macrumors member

Mustang... any issues with crashing while folding? I'm wondering if -forceasm is buggy on the 2x2.5s. It's either that or my RAM is dodgy.

23. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are making fun of me at #401? :eek:

24. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My post has absolutely nothing to do with your rank or anyone else's rank besides my own and SilentPanda's.

25. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It was supposed to be a joke, maybe I didn't include enough smilies :rolleyes: :p :) :D (enough this time?)