Let's Buy Bill Gates an iMac!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eRondeau, Jan 8, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

So I was watching Bill Gates do his Keynote speech at the C.E.S. and I thought to myself, 'Boy, he looks really tired and dull and boring' just like his software. So then I got the idea, 'Hey, let's show Bill just how fun and exciting computers can be again!' So here's what all of us on Macrumors.com need to do. We need to take up a collection to buy Bill an iMac. Nothing too big or powerful, as we don't want to shock his system into some sort of cool-technology allergy. Probably just a run-of-the-mill 17" iMac would be fine. If everyone who reads this post would contribute maybe $2.75 I think we could order it online and have it shipped to his house by the end of the month. Then, when the successor to Vista is finally released in 2015, it will be exactly like Tiger, instead of only 90% like Tiger. Any takers???

2. macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I think our money would probably be better spent aiding the millions of hungry, homeless, poor, illiterate, ill, etc.

3. macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Bill, for the last time, stop coming here pretending to be somebody else wanting to buy you something.

4. macrumors 603

Markleshark

An iMac you say? Where do I put my money!? Hurrah!

:p

5. macrumors 68000

atari1356

I rarely use acronyms, but this comment deserves a ROTFLMAO :D

6. macrumors 68040

Killyp

Wouldn't the money you spent on your sofa be better spent on the homeless, or the poor etc... ? You can say that about absolutely anything...

I love the idea of buying Bill Gates an iMac, it would be great!!

How can we organise this officially?

7. macrumors 68020

Raid

I'd have to agree with TheAnswer. I'd have a hard time donating my money to buy an iMac for a man that earns enough intrest in the time it takes to say "I'd like to buy an iMac please." to pay for one! :) I think he'd rather see us support charity than give him something he could easily afford to get on his own.

Come on Bill, make the switch on your own! ;)

8. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

****ing cheap-skate.

Bill Gates can afford to but his own iMac!

:p

9. macrumors 68000

technicolor

Buying a sofa for you and your family to sit on is not the same thing as buying a computer for a multi billionaire who may not even want it.

10. macrumors 68040

Killyp

No, but if you follow that logic, you wouldn't spend any money on anything the lesser man out on the street has...

11. macrumors regular

well said - would be fun tho - maybe we each donate $5 ($2.50 for the iMac $2.50 for Oxfam -- or some-other like minded organisation -- )

12. macrumors 68000

technicolor

The logic you are following isnt the point anyway, because the point is not just about spending a certain amount of money on an item. A sofa in most cases is not gratuitous spending but buying an imac for a stranger for the sake of making an inane point is.

13. macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

This is fun, but how will we actually get it to him? Just now his bodyguards think it's a bomb and they destroy it, It's a good trojan horse though. Honestly this could cause some nice press controversy though. And imagine if he actually uses it:eek: wow, I can't wait!

14. macrumors 68040

plinden

I'll bet any money he already has a couple of Macs. Probably a MBP and a MacPro.

Edit: ... the first one looks photoshopped to me ... but still ...

Attached Files:

15. macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Why would there be a dock on both displays, and a menu bar on neither?

16. macrumors regular

because they are fake?

17. macrumors 68020

phungy

That was hilarious! Hahaha.

18. macrumors 6502

19. macrumors regular

4nr-

20. macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

21. macrumors 68040

iW00t

World's richest man...

Erm I think no one man is closer to buying the whole Apple than Bill himself!

22. Moderator emeritus

sushi

23. macrumors 68040

Killyp

LOL When we get it we should load it full of viruses and put up a message along the lines of:

'This copy of Mac OS X must be registered:

Please ring this number <insert phone number for some guy in India who can't speak english>'

see how much that gets on his nerves...

24. macrumors 6502

Coheebuzz

25. macrumors 601

dpaanlka

It explains pretty clearly in that blog.