Let's Cast Harry Potter 4!

Discussion in 'Community' started by ColoJohnBoy, Oct 10, 2003.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Howdy y'all. I've started a petition of the producers of the Harry Potter pictures, and the Warner Bros. executives to cast the following people in the following roles in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. If you haven't read that book or any other HP books for that matter, get on the ball and do it!

AND NOW, THE CAST!.......

Professor Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody
    Geoffrey Rush

The Dark Lord Voldemort
    David Bowie

Sign the Petition!

Feel free to link the Petition from your respective websites, or to e-mail this link to anyone and everyone you know. ;) Thanks all!

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Re: Let's Cast Harry Potter 4!

Why David Bowie when it could be:
    Bill Gates

;)

scem0

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

And if he's not available they can always use the Devil....

4. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Couldn't stand Harry Potter, couldn't get through the first book, and most certainly couldn't get through the movie

5. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I'm sorry. I've flown to London twice for the premieres of the first two movies, and am planning a trip for June 2004. Granted, the first time I was living in Spain so it cost all of $50 to fly there and back again, but in any case...... I figure it's justified as I did many other things. Most wonderful of which was spending a full day at the British Library ogling the Magna Carta and illuminated manuscripts of the Bible.

Sigh. I really am quite nerdy, huh?

6. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

The "Dark Lord" Voldemort? I think somebody's getting their epic within-the-last-century fairy tales mixed up here.

When you say Dark Lord, you BETTER be referring to Sauron. Because he's an eye. Which is a lot cooler than some random dude.

But I think Star Wars kid should have a part. Not just in this movie, but any movie. All movies, really. Everything. He should be in the next Matrix as Neo, should have been in Return of the King as Aragorn, Harry Potter as Harry, you name it, he should be in it.

7. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Oh God. Leave the Star Wars kid out of this. He has no place in this world, much less in cinema.

Yes, I know, the fact that he's referred to as the Dark lord does make me cringe, as Sauron is the one and only (Well, there's also Morgoth, but let's not split hairs). I was just trying to be as proper as possible in my petitioning.

Well, Harry Potter satisfies this strange craving for whimsy that Lord of the Rings does not. But LOTR is vastly superior to HP.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife has read all the books, she prefers the ones from England. She enjoys reading the language of the author. I have enjoyed watchin the films on DVD.

9. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

J.K. Rowling has a wonderful sentence structure. Proper and precise, yet ever so slightly eccentric. It's good ufn.

Yeah, the Brit versions are a bit better than the American. Some of the slang is different, and the dialogue is noticeably different - at least to me.

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Let's Cast Harry Potter 4!

bowie rocks

i wish he had done more movies in his career

11. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I think the HP series needs some Christopher Walken and Jack Black in it. Enough of this child $!&*

12. Tequila Grandma macrumors regular

Here's how I think the new "Harry Potter" film should be cast...

Harry Potter: Nicky Katt
    [​IMG]

Hermione Granger: Haley Joel Osment
    [​IMG]

Ron Weasley: Christopher Walken
    [​IMG]

Hagrid: Divine
    [​IMG]

Professor Snape: Gilbert Gottfried
    [​IMG]

Dumbledore: Jennifer Coolidge
    [​IMG]

McGonagall: Dom DeLuise
    [​IMG]

Draco Malfoy: Colin Mochrie
    [​IMG]

If they ever assembled a cast like this for a "Harry Potter" movie, I guarantee I'd see it at least three times in the theatres :D

13. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

:D:D:D:D:D

God bless you, sir. God bless you. Though you left out one crucial character:

Dobby.

Attached Files: