Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
has anyone tried getting r/w using purplerestore

I have tried but I have a old version of purple restore and I cannot restore my iPhone 5S with it. If anyone has a new one pm me so I can see if I can cook something up.

HKVAINSTAR

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
I have tried but I have a old version of purple restore and I cannot restore my iPhone 5S with it. If anyone has a new one pm me so I can see if I can cook something up.

i got version 2.5.0 of purplerestore which came out in jan 2013 dont know if it will work

TK42

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Now that we have a working jailbreak with R/W access, could we activate these prototype settings? I tried to find it via iFile, but no luck there. There is a cydia tweak that enables the settings, and boy can you make iOS 7 fast, but the author riddling his repo with ads and being sketchy, sort of, made me uninstall it.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
HiddenSettings7 just showed up in Cydia under changes. I DID NOT add any other repo! I searched for it the other night and it didn't show up so not sure why it is now? Doesn't matter for me anyway I'm on a 5s but I'm checking "changes" way to often lol:D

mikeo007

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
Yeah, false alarm. Don't know what happened, but the settings went back to normal the first time I resprung.

Ya mine are doing that too at this point.

A lot of the settings in these menus don't appear to be functional/implemented. Nothing in the "App Slider" menu seems to work. Most changes I make crash springboard, and some things like the gestures don't work at all.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
This is for people who have a iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 or any device powered by the A7 Chip. You need to download these 1. iOS7AppleInternal.dylib http://mcmx.in/1hH8HXQ 2. SpringBoad-Internal.strings file http://mcmx.in/1hH8HXQ and if you don't already have 3. PrototypeTools.framework http://mcmx.in/1crdFHl
If these links become unavailable please let me know!

1. Install afc2add, iFile (I find it easiest to edit the .plist’s in place but you can transfer back to the computer, edit and replace on the device if you’d like) and OpenSSH (OpenSSH is there so you can get in to your phone if you massively screw up).

2. Download PrototypeTools. If you're an iOS developer, you already have it on your computer.

3. Install iFunBox and browse to your device.

4. Go to the Raw File System, browse to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks. Create a new folder called "PrototypeTools.framework" and in that folder, place the PrototypeTools file downloaded from the previous step.

5. If the path /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ doesn’t exist, create it.

6. Download iOS7AppleInternal.dylib from here and place it in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries

7. Open iFile and browse to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and open com.apple.springboard.plist in the plist viewer.
8. Add the following key to the plist and set its value to YES/TRUE/ON

SBPrototypeSettingsEnabled

Type: BOOLEAN
9. Browse to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ and edit com.apple.SpringBoard.plist in the plist viewer

Add the following key to the plist:

EnvironmentVariables

Type: Dictionary

9. To the EnvironmentVariables dictionary created above, add the following key and value (this tells springboard to load the Apple Internal dylib before running (essentially what MobileSubstrate does, but I do it less elegantly)):

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/iOS7AppleInternal.dylib

10. Reboot or respring!

11. Press the volume up button to activate the prototype settings menu and begin tweaking!
Merry Christmas!

Converseallstar95

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
This is for people who have a iPhone 5S, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 or any device powered by the A7 Chip. You need to download these 1. iOS7AppleInternal.dylib http://mcmx.in/1hH8HXQ 2. SpringBoad-Internal.strings file http://mcmx.in/1hH8HXQ and if you don't already have 3. PrototypeTools.framework http://mcmx.in/1crdFHl
If these links become unavailable please let me know!

1. Install afc2add, iFile (I find it easiest to edit the .plist’s in place but you can transfer back to the computer, edit and replace on the device if you’d like) and OpenSSH (OpenSSH is there so you can get in to your phone if you massively screw up).

2. Download PrototypeTools. If you're an iOS developer, you already have it on your computer.

3. Install iFunBox and browse to your device.

4. Go to the Raw File System, browse to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks. Create a new folder called "PrototypeTools.framework" and in that folder, place the PrototypeTools file downloaded from the previous step.

5. If the path /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ doesn’t exist, create it.

6. Download iOS7AppleInternal.dylib from here and place it in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries

7. Open iFile and browse to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and open com.apple.springboard.plist in the plist viewer.
8. Add the following key to the plist and set its value to YES/TRUE/ON

SBPrototypeSettingsEnabled

Type: BOOLEAN
9. Browse to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ and edit com.apple.SpringBoard.plist in the plist viewer

Add the following key to the plist:

EnvironmentVariables

Type: Dictionary

9. To the EnvironmentVariables dictionary created above, add the following key and value (this tells springboard to load the Apple Internal dylib before running (essentially what MobileSubstrate does, but I do it less elegantly)):

DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/iOS7AppleInternal.dylib

10. Reboot or respring!

11. Press the volume up button to activate the prototype settings menu and begin tweaking!
Merry Christmas!

Any way to do this on an unjailbroken device? I want to test it on my 7.1 device.

vcao

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Ya mine are doing that too at this point.

A lot of the settings in these menus don't appear to be functional/implemented. Nothing in the "App Slider" menu seems to work. Most changes I make crash springboard, and some things like the gestures don't work at all.

Guh. I figured out that the settings would stick on 7.1 betas back on 7.0.4 the animation setting revert on resprings...boo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.