Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
All the desktops in the 68k section are named "Macintosh [model]". I think this is a bit cumbersome since all the desktops will show up under "M" in the alphabetical listing, whereas it would be better to use model names only, like Performa 6300CD or Quadra 610 (you'll notice that those two computers have pages not linked to their respective listings on the desktops page).

I can see going with "Power Macintosh/Performa 4/5/6/7/8/9xxx" for the 1st and 2nd generation PowerMacs, since "PowerMac G3/G4 (code name)" as has already been done for the G3 and G4 machines. But the earlier machines are bes recognized by their model name - having "Macintosh" before every name on a Mac Guide is a bit redundant.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Lord Blackadder said:
:confused: Mr.T? I haven't had any coffee today, I must be missing something...

Exactly, we know what a "Yikes!" was/is, but not a Mr. T. So the Yikes! is fine for use in the wiki but Mr. T isn't-- however, "Plus" doesn't make a good title, so "Macintosh Plus" will have to do until we reach the true model name era. (Along with the Macintosh 128K and Macintosh 512K and Ke)

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Is there a list that lists it by processor specification? E.G. 68516 (is that it?) basically the 68/0, PowerPC, G3, G4, G5 - or even 970, etc.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
I think I agree with what you're saying, just a little confused right now..

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Democrat622 said:
when one is a n00b, they post random posts in hope of getting a 'tar. i did that for a while myself.
Woah! Never would've thought!

Been on these forums for almost a year, I know how things work... :rolleyes: :cool:

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
lilstewart said:
Why did you revive this thread? o_O
Not to be rude, but what difference does it make if an old thread becomes active again for no good reason? If this is such an inconvenience, why not just close all threads that remain inactive for x amount of days/months? :confused:

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
someguy said:
Not to be rude, but what difference does it make if an old thread becomes active again for no good reason? If this is such an inconvenience, why not just close all threads that remain inactive for x amount of days/months? :confused:

if the person who brought this thread back to live had something to add it the OP's idea then we need it open , however they only agreed with something and was usless to post(as we had left that idea)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.