Let's Impeach the President by Neil Young

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DailyTunes, Jun 4, 2006.

1. DailyTunes macrumors bot

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow. That takes me back. I grew up with protest songs like that in the Vietnam War era...though I don't remember any of them specifically calling for the impeachment of the president. Still, this song is like a powerful flashback.

What's next, 21st-century hippies and a new Woodstock?

Hey, we could do a lot worse. A whole lot worse. :)

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Cool, a song recommendation going straight to the political forum... :)

I feared that for The Clash' I'm So Bored With The USA, but I guess Neil Young has a bit more relevance for Americans... ;)

Just ordered the Living With War album at my local public library... :cool:

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I still haven't made the effort to buy this album, which is pretty weird for me since I purchased Greendale and Prairie Wind the week (well the day) they were released.

I feel that this is very controvercial of an album but it's Neil Young, he sings about what he thinks, back in the 60s and early 70s he and his good friends all wrote songs that were very political, but now days it takes guts to write a song that's this political.

I'll have to ask his relatives what they feel about this album, I know there'll be some members of his family who aren't too pleased with it