lets nip this one in the bud

Discussion in 'Community' started by sparkleytone, Jun 18, 2002.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

his name says it all. his profile says more.

mach@8tr - the latest MR member

get rid of him arn, no one likes trolls.

2. The Bender macrumors member

Ha! One of the moderators should pop over to his post and edit it to say the opposite. That would be funny.:p

On the other hand, why encourage him (assuming he intends to come back at all).

... on the other other hand, it always lightens up my day to read this stuff... Problem is, he's not even very good at it.

So on the other (fourth?) hand, get rid of him. We deserve a better class fo troll around here!

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Could not agree more, his sort are nothing but a nuisance in these normally laid back and polite (well, most of the time ;)) forums.
    Kick him out!

4. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

5. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Re: lets nip this one in the bud

True, but doesn't everyone has the right to express his own opinion?

k.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Re: lets nip this one in the bud

Of course they do, but I really don't see the point of his posts so far other than to cause arguments. :(

7. iGav macrumors G3

heh heh.... you never know....... he's become abit of MR folklore legend really hasn't he...... wonder if he's still a lurker???

8. iGav macrumors G3

Re: Re: Re: lets nip this one in the bud

Completely agree....... I'd say leave him on though..... if his ramblings don't improve just ignore him..... he's doing it for the response..... and people are taking the bait...... if everyone ignored him..... he'd quit...... and the problem solves itself...... :)

9. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Great, another volunteer to stir things up a little :rolleyes:

I say just politely correct his false impressions, and then tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine ;)

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

hehehehe, you tell him Britboy :D
    I think we're all getting fed up of people who seem to join to make trouble and nothing else :rolleyes:

11. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

According to your handle, you should have plenty so say ;)

12. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

no, keep him, we all need someone to victimise every once in a while :)

There's no point in flaming each other over stuff we disagree on, I've almost flamed people acidentally when something is taken out of context, sometimes my late night/early morning posts with sarcastic comments and no explaination of it being a joke can seem personal. They're not, just my really, really lame sense of humour.

Maybe the rules could be bent a little. He's here, purely to get a reaction and mouth off about stuff. Why not just take out that bad day you've just had on him, It won't do any harm, he'll go away eventually and we could have some fun winding the guy up in the meantime.

Not that I'm that evil minded. mhhaaa ha ha ha! << DR. Evil laughter >>

You know the level of someone's maturity straight way if they've got some anti-macintosh name and all they do is bug people on mac messageboards.

13. big macrumors 65816

big

just curious, are there any "Pro-Window" sights were people just sit around and talk about how cool XP is, and flame OSX & macs in general?

14. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

BAND HIM PLEASE. Arn, this guy is going to turn into another GoCyrus. He is going to continue to come in and raise his opinions that are not actual opinions, but yet flame bait! All he wants to do is get us to argue with him so that he can get his rocks off.

He is an inmature little child, and quite frankly we should not have to put up with him. People like that bring the site down, and frankly if you our there Mach@8tr, this is not a democracy here. Arn, is the God, and dictator of this site. He decides what is best for the site, and its future.

So that being said, go repair a .dll file on your machine, or help your neighbor figure out why they can't change their desktop, or tell you sister how to uninstall Internet Explorer.

CHUMP!~

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I say ignore him...and wait till Alpha gets to him...he he he ;)

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Where is Aplha? I'm looking forward to his views on our new "friend" :D :p

17. spuncan macrumors 6502

IHATEAPPLE.COM was one but it was overrun by Mac users a many when Macaddict put something bout it in there mag. I never really understood that site cuz they pretty much have won well they had won up untill recently when Apple Marketing got unlazy. But anyways its just stupid to pick on the underdog that you have pretty much beaten. As for MacH@8tr leave I always love a good argument.

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Come on guys, he's not really done anything to warrent any real abuse yet. There have been far worse flamers, btw. If it becomes a problem, arn will step in and fix things, just don't go looking for a fight, its stupid and makes you look like an idiot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, he's just flaunting his, which might resolve itself if he gets tired of trying to defend himself.

19. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Duke, I agree, and you know that I am pretty level headed, and if they guy was just posting an opinion and backing it up with any facts, then you know that I would support him and defend him. In fact, most of us, if he were logical would agree with the guy on some level, like why PowerMacs and PowerBooks, don't have DDR yet.

But this is not what he is doing. He is being a troll, and you know that some of the people here just cannot resist. So, why not get rid of him. Have you looked at his profile? His WWW is microsoft.com.

Please, he is a child that is trying to get a thrill. You know how you can tell. In typical GoCyrus style, he lights the fuse, and then runs for cover you know.

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, i did look a few of his posts, and they're tame compaired to go-cyrus and his era. If it becomes a problem, or if you really have a problem with him, pm arn and ask him. I can't do anything any way with members, that's the god teritory, mods only get to play in the forums....

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Perhaps we should just calm down now, all who wanted to say something have, lets leave him and see if he ever bothers to materialize again...but personally I hope he doesn't, at least not without a better attitude.
    Then maybe we all will be prepaired to discuss the positives and negatives of Winblows V.s OS X.

22. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

This is bad!

I think that it was a bad thing to close the thread created by this guy.

First of all it was mildly entertaining. which is always a plus.

I don't think that it's wise to jump on deleting threads that are made by PC guys that come her. These are the guys that we need to be converting! I was once a PC guy too, GASP, i know , ugly isnt it!

Are we SO pathetic that we are so easily made upset by such a guy?
    I didnt even get a chance to retort his questions before the thread was closed!

It made me very unhappy! I would have liked to have that conversation with this weird guy. If it had gotten out of hand then I could have either ignored it or moved on to another thread, or whatever. Its all just electrons on the screen!

I would have liked to seen it follow through. I mean this guy comes to a MAc board and we can't defeat him in our own territory, whats that mean!>?

I say bring back the thread and lets us patrol our own world, we don't need more publicity as fanatics that have NO reason or understanding of why we use MAC's.

Now he think and is telling others! duh , those guys at MacRumors have NO idea what they are doing they use MACS cause they is purty and can't take the heat!

The thread was closed far TOO early fo rmy tastes, I don't see the need to react this way, lets mellow out and get into the world and let it in, we CAN take it.

Hell, AlphaTech hadnt even gotten in a punch yet, It's like stopping a Tyson fight
    within the first 3 seconds, very disappointing! VERY!

23. iGav macrumors G3

I'm with you here duke.... if he continues, then people should ignore the bait... if no one responds to his somewhat ill considered and uneducated posts... then he'll soon get bored and frustrated and moochy on off somewhere else...... watching his frustration could be far more fun than just banning him...... :D :p ;)

24. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

yea, but guys we have to remember that there are some young kids on these boards. The other thread that he just had going was getting way out of hand, and was starting to look like Cyrus. Hell, it probably is him. Anyway, we should not respond to him, but it is soooo hard not to. The tone of his attacks are out of line. His posts do nothing but insite, and that is not what we are about. yea, we argue, hell, I have been more than a few, but he is not arguing, he is insiting a flamewar, and that is wrong.

25. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

really he is just like my ex-bestfriend. extremely intelligent with an inferiority complex. drugs, alcohol, anger, etc are all just ways to vent a frustration to deep and complex for him to understand, even tho he may in fact be in the top 5% of canadians. not like that really matters anyways. if i do nothing with my mensa-qualifying IQ, then how does that make ME any better of a person?? it doesn't. i feel for the guy losing his data, but as was said, sensitive data should be backed up. i have never lost any data due to anything other than my own stupidity or the failure of hardware. neither of those are the fault of an OS. let him vent i guess, it still won't get the monkey off his back.