Let's say I buy MBP in August, Leopard comes out a month later...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BurtonCCC, Apr 30, 2006.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

This is a completely hypothetical situation, but let's say I buy my MacBook Pro in August and Leopard comes out like a month later. Would Apple do anything for the people who bought computers so recently but now have a somewhat out-of-date OS? I think I remember that when Tiger came out, people who bought Macs like right before it came out got to take their computers back to Apple and get some sort of deal on Tiger.

Daniel.

2. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

They did something like this for panther if I recall. An up-to-date program. You could upgrade for like 19.99 ...but I wouldn't worry too much. Leopard will most likely be released in early 2007. I would say definitely not before December.

3. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

4. dr_lha macrumors 68000

If you buy a MBP in August, you're guaranteeing that Leopard comes out just a few days after the one month grace period you have for getting a free OS. :D

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...there is no one month grace period. Usually what Apple has done is offer the 'up-to-date' program for those that buy after the *official shipping date has been announced* - and, if you are thinking of buying a MacBook in August you need not worry - the chances of 10.5 shipping within a month of that are basically nil...oh yeah!

6. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I would also like to add that Tiger will not become an out of date OS when Leopard comes on. I've got Jaguar on some machines, and they don't run any worse than the day before Tiger was announced.

As said above, you typically get CDs for $19.95 if you purchase a computer AFTER the ship date is announced.