Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enlightenment1

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2012
this is my first replacement and I got a yellow tint ipad ( whole screen )

Serial number: DKVHM-----------
Name: iPad 3
Group1: iPad
Group2: WiFi-4G
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,2
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 18 (May)
introduced test: GOED
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: A1430
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 64GB
Factory: DK (Refurbished)

what does this mean "refurbished" ? i didn't get. And can I call for a replacement again ?

The whole screen, not yellow patches/spots/blotches?

How yellow? Is it a warmer off-white or quite yellow as in a coffee stained look?

If it's the whole screen then I'd say it's not defective but just how it is. Some people prefer the 'warmer' screens to the cooler blue screens as they're not as harsh on the eyes.
I've heard Sharp and LG are now doing screens for the iPad 3, not just Samsung. I wonder who are the 'culprits' for the yellower screens?

fewy

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
The whole screen, not yellow patches/spots/blotches?

How yellow? Is it a warmer off-white or quite yellow as in a coffee stained look?

If it's the whole screen then I'd say it's not defective but just how it is. Some people prefer the 'warmer' screens to the cooler blue screens as they're not as harsh on the eyes.
I've heard Sharp and LG are now doing screens for the iPad 3, not just Samsung. I wonder who are the 'culprits' for the yellower screens?

A warmer. Feeling like playing lotto, should I stop playing this ? Cause I am not satisfied with yellowish .

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Though I know it is difficult but not impossible. Does anyone know the one's starting with serial "DY" who is making the Display Panels for the iPad units coming out of this factory ?

alehen

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
My iPad has the worst angle of view that I've ever seen. I always see half the screen as green.. Is that normal?

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Production week: 10 (March)
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: DL (China - Foxconn)

Compared to iPad 2 it is a little yellow, but I guess that is due to higher resolution screen. The screen is fairly even color, slightly more yellow in some spots, not noticeable unless you look hard for it.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Production week: 10 (March)
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: DL (China - Foxconn)

Compared to iPad 2 it is a little yellow, but I guess that is due to higher resolution screen. The screen is fairly even color, slightly more yellow in some spots, not noticeable unless you look hard for it.

Yep, this is pretty much me as well. Color temp is a little bit warm, but fine. Pretty uniform screen otherwise. Mine is a week 1, also manufactured at the DL factory.

xAgustinx

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
Production week: 16 (April)
Colour: White
Factory: DM (China - Foxconn)

No problem with the screen.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Serial number: DMPHM4Y0DJ8V (cleaned up from 'Dmphm4y0dj8v')
Model Number: A1416
Group2: WiFi
Machine Model: iPad3,1
Production week: 18 (May)
Factory: DM (China - Foxconn)

Screen is perfect, ordered from the Apple Store online. Seems the DM factory is having the least amount of problem screens. Though this is going to be extremely hard to determine exactly where the problem children are coming from because everyone's idea of a perfect screen is going to be different as well, what is great to one person might look like crap to another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.