1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Let's see your iPad stands!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ScubaCinci, Apr 29, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

There are a few threads about specific stands but I thought it would be nice to have a consolidated thread. I like the look of the BookArc stand but I'm not sure I want to pay $40 for it.
    A dedicated stand will be nice for using the iPad as a photo frame rather than a case/stand. Whatcha got?

2. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

...or not.

3. macrumors 6502

I need my iPad first...right now I have my Apple Case box sitting in my stand pretending I actually have my 3G here. :(

4. macrumors member

Here is my home made stand.
    [​IMG]

5. macrumors regular

Does my case/stand hybrid count? :p I got it for 25 bucks online :)

Attached Files:

6. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

7. macrumors 68000

WINNER!

I did the same thing, but I have a local store. $3. I am not cheap, but I can't spend $50+ for a stinking stand. I'd rather buy apps with that money.

8. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I went to two stores near by, both recently closed! Apparently Minnesota is not buying enough fabrics. :p

9. macrumors 6502a

went to get the .69 cent business card holder from Office Depot but they didn't have them at my store. I found this thing for 5 bucks though and it's way cooler looking and probably more stable than the cheaper one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. macrumors regular

like Fanatik7, I was also inspired by THE JOULE, but didn't want to fork out such a large sum for a simple stand.

and made these for some scrap materials :)

these are very easy to make, no need to make the back curve, just used two rubber bumps on either side to correct for the curve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Great Job! The table and stand goes so well together. kind of arty. :cool:

12. macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Awesome job guys